Search results

1. top_oz_bloke

Gripsport Hi Ride Classic Bike Carrier SOLD

Item: Gripsport Hi Ride Classic Bike Carrier Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Good but not perfect Reason for selling: Nowhere to store it Price and price conditions: $200 ono Extra Info: See here for details: http://www.gripsport.com.au/product/Hi-Ride-Carrier-2-bike. This is the...
  2. top_oz_bloke

Port Macquarie

Hi Guys, Next weekend I have the most part of a day free in the Port area to do whatever I choose. Can anyone suggest an XC ride in the order of 50+ k's? I'm not really concerned if there is minimal/nil single track content. I'll be happy enough if someone could point me to a ride on...
  3. top_oz_bloke

Shimano 2x10 Crankset, 26/38 or similar

Item: Shimano 2x10 Crankset, 26/38 or similar Location: I'm in Newcastle but happy to cover postage Price range/Willing to Pay: I'll consider all offers but anything more than $100-120 for XT would need to have very little use (ie I can buy new for $180). If it's XTR then make me an offer...
  4. top_oz_bloke

Fox Fork Spares

Hi All, Due to neglect my F29 is in pretty bad shape. Given the cost and timing it looks like a new fork is my best option. Longer term though I would like to reco the fork and then I can rotate the two forks during maintenance. For some reason I thought of fork servicing as a bit of a...
  5. top_oz_bloke

Can someone explain this HRM stuff?

I'm curious to know if there is a sports science type or otherwise knowledgeable person who can explain a little about some of the observations I make from my HRM. Been wondering about this for a while but haven't got around to asking. I notice this most over winter when my working hours tend...
  6. top_oz_bloke

Wanted: Capital Punishment 100k Entry

If anyone has an entry they no longer need then I'll happily take it off your hands. Either PM or email t_brown@westnet.com.au (prefer email as the forum is blocked by our corporate net filtering) Cheers, Tim
  7. top_oz_bloke

Made a potentially nasty mistake with tubeless conversion

Thought I'd put this up here because I'm one of those never read the instructions types. On my roadie I'm running tubeless with Stans yellow tape/valves/sealant and the Hutchinson tubeless tyres. It has worked great for 9 months or so. Anyway, the other night I heard a big whoosh come from...
  8. top_oz_bloke

Want to sample some different gels/bars etc but where to buy?

Haven't had this thread for about a year so I thought it was time for a rehash... I'm pretty keen on Clif bars after going through a few boxes. Prices from Wiggle and CRC are great but their range is limited and there is a world of other Clif flavours out there I'm keen to sample. Choc...
  9. top_oz_bloke

SOLD FIZIK Tundra Saddle

Item: FIZIK Tundra Saddle Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Unused take off from new bike Reason for selling: Personal preference Price and price conditions: $75 ono Extra Info: This is the saddle that was supplied with my new Anthem. Pictures:
  10. top_oz_bloke

SOLD ODI Ruffian Lock On Grips

Item: ODI Ruffian Lock On Grips Location: Newcastle Item Condition: One ride old Reason for selling: Not my thing Price and price conditions: $10 pick up or $15 posted Extra Info: Bought these to try them out and decided I prefer the Rogues. They are one ride old. These are the grips only -...
  11. top_oz_bloke

SOLD 2 x Maxxis Crossmark 29er Tyres

Item: 2 x Maxxis Crossmark 29er Tyres Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Unused take off from new bike Reason for selling: Personal Preference Price and price conditions: $20 ea + postage Extra Info: Pictures:
  12. top_oz_bloke

SOLD 2011 Elixir CR Brakes

Item: 2011 Elixir CR Brakes Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Unused takeoff from brand new bike Reason for selling: Want to try something different Price and price conditions: $400 posted Aus wide Extra Info: These are off my Anthem 29er that I purchased yesterday. I am only...
  13. top_oz_bloke

Lefty. Crazy idea?

Disregarding cost effectiveness what are people's thoughts on this? For some reason I'm attracted to it just because of the 'very unusual' factor. http://www.project321.com/products_bike.php
  14. top_oz_bloke

Yesterdays Epic

Yesterday a couple of guys and I did a pretty good ride so I thought I'd post it up here. We've done the Old Great North Rd a couple of times before and were starting to look for something a little longer. Usually we arrange a shuttle to take us back to the start but this time we decided to...
  15. top_oz_bloke

Camelbak Flow Meter - Anyone Tried It?

Saw this on CRC and thought it might be useful, if it works? http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/accessories/flowmeter.aspx I reckon it's a bit of a challenge to make something like this perform accurately enough to be useful. Anyone tried it?
  16. top_oz_bloke

Another Half or Full Fling Entry Wanted

Hi Guys, I have a mate who is keen to do the Fling with me, not too fussed whether it's half or full. He's big into endurance sports so I reckon he'd like the full better but we'll take whatever we can get. If anyone has anything available please either PM or email t_brown@westnet.com.au...
  17. top_oz_bloke

Winter XC Glove

I'm having some trouble finding some winter gloves that take my fancy. In a week and a bit I'll be doing a ride that could potentially be quite chilly (ie low single digits when we start) so I'm looking for a more winter oriented XC glove. At the moment I am using TLD XC gloves and they...
  18. top_oz_bloke

Weight Training and Cycling

In my browsing of stuff I came across the following article and thought I'd throw it up here for some opinions. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa21.htm After a long day of riding I'll admit to feeling fatigued through the shoulders and arms. Also since I'm pretty much confined indoors...
  19. top_oz_bloke

Riding in Dubbo

Hi Guys, I've got a couple of nights in Dubbo and wondering if there is any local XC or fire trails etc that I can roll around on for a bit of a post work ride. Probably can't travel too far from town as I'm likely only going to have 0.5-1hr before it starts getting dark. Any...
  20. top_oz_bloke

DIY Assembly Stand

I've got to a few weeks to wait for my wheels to turn up and couldn't stand staring at a box full of bits any more, so I built myself a little assembly stand. In true DIY fashion it's mostly made of scrap. Total cost was about $20. Pics with the latest project on it.