Search results

1. O

Lower back pain - Body Posture

Have to say it is great to see the feedback coming through and I hope that a solution can be found before too long. Everything said thus far in relation to flexibility, core strength and bike fit are correct but as a personal trainer and triathlon/cycling/mtb coach (including a high school...
  2. O

Fairfield City Farm - XCO course

My biggest concern would be pricing. While I would have no problem paying a little so assist with the maintenance of the trail, from memory they once charged me around $30 to ride (entry to the farm then 'entry' to the MTB course). Having never riden Lysterfield post Comm Games, what's the...
  3. O

Hard Bicycle Cases...

I've been looking at getting an EVA "soft" case similar to this one: http://www.velogear.com.au/products/Bike_Case_EVA_Pod-353-0.html To solve the problem of weight being put on it's side, I will buy a couple of postage tubes from the post office to place in a few places (which can also be...
  4. O

Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

Think you've answered your own question there Jess! That's what I'm doing, though while I had an awesome time spending my Easter on a beach of the mid-North coast of NSW (and am sure I will have an awesome time supporting in October), did have a part of me that missed that I wasn't racing.
  5. O

NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

I know this topic has come up before in other thread and the responsible poster has been shot for saying this, but it's interesting how the entry price for soloists is continuing to go up. The WWS, which I know was at the cheaper end of town, was $50, and this was bumped up by RTE with the...
  6. O

Port Macq 12hr!

I'm heading up again after being shown how to ride the track by Red_Racer when riding behind him during the final hours last year's race. Not having been up there since last year can't comment on it's current state, but it was super flowy, only two real inclines (you can still crank it out in...
  7. O

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Already more than last year. Could be a messy start. Would hate to be tripped / fall over on the crit track in the chaos.
  8. O

Do you hit a brick wall some days?

After the 24 Solo Nationals in Canberra in Easter last year where my body stopped processing food (not unheard of in 24 hour racing), my coach gave me early morning sessions where the only thing I could have was a glass of fruit juice before heading out (the reason had something with the liver...
  9. O

nothing on the MTBA website at time of posting
  10. O

VVC Christmas Classic 10hour Enduro - December 5th Awaba

Which also must mean a nice climb...?
  11. O

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Though extremely rare (but very slow if you do come across one), echidnas can also give your Stans a run for its money trying to seal up the tubeless tyres after running over one.
  12. O

KONA24 Hour - Forrest - Nov 28/29

Looks nice, though a little bit of dust coming off the tyre at times. Nothing a bit of precipitation (which I believe is forecast for the next few days) cant fix. Though Norm, that wasn't you wearing a sleeveless jersey :eek: for the last minute of the video was it? Surely it wasn't THAT hot...
  13. O

In the rider's pack, also available on the website, it says that the night lap will be shorter than the day laps. Not that I'm complaining here, and while I've never ridden the Forrest trails, the maps seem to show that there is a bit more distance covered in the night lap, especially for the...
  14. O

Eating for enduro's.

Agree, have heard some horror stories of people drinking too much Endura. A couple of friends who are pharmacologists have told me its the high amounts of magnesium that causes this. If you think you really need magnesium, Staminade has it in lower doses. It also depends on how strong you have...
  15. O

Here: http://fullgaspromotions.com.au/images/rider_instructions_for_the_kona_24hr_2009.pdf (and don't think it has been sent out to riders who have entered as I definitely didn't get it sent to me)
  16. O

Agree. One solution is not to always have them in the most easily recognised spot (ie on the ground, 1m to the side of the race line). I often miss those that are attached to trees. Yes this can somewhat defeat the purpose of having them, but if you really wanted to know how far you had to go...
  17. O

it would definitely get my vote! but after chasing you round at the 12 hour earlier this year and seeing how you know lines around corners that almost don't exist, should we even bother turning up? :cool: you could even run a pit zone similar to that of the 2008 worlds at Canmore (ie. 3 rows...
  18. O

Solo 24hr enduro tips.

:eek: was wondering what was keeping the dust down...
  19. O

Solo 24hr enduro tips.

Am I right in guessing that the few times where it dropped into the 80's / low 90's in the middle of the night was when you were decending behind a large group of (slower) riders?
  20. O

Solo 24hr enduro tips.

hmmm, I just have really comfortable contact points (saddle, grips/gloves, and shoes) and REALLY enjoy riding my bike. When I tell people that I like to ride my bike all day, I really do just that!