Search results

1. S

Hi...I'm not dead

Hey all. Been a while. Figured I'd drop by the old farkin stomping ground with an uber quick life update for those who remember me and even the one or two of you who have sent random e-mails asking if I am still kicking around. Simo's life...A synopsis of what I've been doing Finishing my...
  2. S

Teh commuter

picked this up at the start of the week and have pretty much been living on it since. Using it mainly to ride to/from uni, work and mates places as driving to/from the city and surrounding areas blows and is completely pointless. After rellying on public transport for so long it's nice to be...
  3. S

pub bikes.

well its hard rubbish collection in our area and I picked up this little gem. good timing aswell. I was talking with shmity last night at the pub about obtaining some pub bikes and we were going to hit up some garage sales to find some. Walking home from the station this arvo i saw some...
  4. S

P plate restrictions in NSW?

G'day I'm aware that NSW residents are limited to 80 or 90 km/h in NSW but does this apply to Victorian P-platers who are drving through NSW in a car with Vic plates? Thanks.
  5. S

new forum rules.

I believe this should make many rules more clear and provide a level of entertainment at the same time. See kids, learning IS fun. http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
  6. S

bars pedals and cranks

What: Flat bars (for a commuter) Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on condition and postage arrangements. Location: Melb Extra Info: Looking for some flat bars for a commuter. No specific width is required but they must be of decent condition. I won't consider anything that is overly...
  7. S

commuter bike and parts?

g'day. I'm about to start hunting around for bits and pieces to start building up a commuter bike. I know people like Rik and Carlin went through (or are in) a commuter bike building/modding spree so I'm looking for some help. I'm looking for a moderate to light bike (doesnt need to take much...
  8. S

The story of Dave Shaw (one for the divers)

I stumbled across this in my efforts to put off study. It's very long but also very deatiled and a good read. Regardless on your viewpoint regarding 'extreme' divers who are out to set records you can't help but feel for those envolved. http://www.cdnn.info/news/article/a050716.html...
  9. S

XC rider dies.

edit: found this news was already posted here: http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=35435
  10. S

strange connex signs at Flinders street...

I was just in the city waiting for my train when I saw a sign (well a few) that read: "possession of whisks and frying pans are strictly prohibited. Heavy penalties apply." They are proper little connex warning signs, like the type that tell you not to cross the tracks. Now I'm guessing that...
  11. S

minor medical advice.

G’day. I’m lookin for some medical advice here. Playing basketball today I copped a whack on the top of my middle finger (right hand). Within a few minutes it swelled up to just under twice normal size around the knuckle (that’s 2 back from the nail) and bruising is only starting to come...
  12. S

computer sound problem

g'day. Over the last few days the sound quality from my computer has been fuzzy and generally shit. It is especially bad with bass but the acoustics are also messed up. Originaly I thought it was the speakers but even when playing a cd or very high bitrate file through perfectly good...
  13. S

morphine with pikes

had the pike (sl's) for about a week now. From a weekend of dh and a bit of a xc bash i'm pretty happy with them. Great value.
  14. S

the gay simpsons character is....(spoilers inside)

final warning, spoilers inside: http://forum.ski.com.au/ultimate/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=060717 saw it comming a mile off....the lack of action, the hairy legs....I mean come on, what man would go for her haha.
  15. S

teh funny

www.dwv.org.au/HollowMen.wmv 3.5ish meg.
  16. S

post counts

sorry if this has been covered in one of the threads about the new boards but I can't be assed sifting through it all. are the post counts gonna stick around with the new boards? It seemed as if the last boards were better without them so maybe it's an idea to get rid of the post-counts asap...
  17. S

windows media player, dvd encoder problem

well my Windows Media PLayer is being a bitch and won't play dvd's. I have re-installed/updated the player and even downloaded a seperate decoder. When I try and play a dvd the message (In media player): Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not...
  18. S

holiday time

who here is lucky enough to be going away over their holidays? I've hit the jackpot and have scored 15 days in Whistler/Blackcomb Canada. The whole family is re-uniting after being scattered around the globe for the year and this is our last holiday as a family. I'm bloody lucky in that my...
  19. S

Clict 2.0

Just thought I'd drop a quick one here and tell you all to get up and get the new Clict. Definantly delivers! The thing I love most about it is that the mag has so much content and so little adds that it lasts for more than one train trip. GO buy it, $7.95
  20. S

Filling ruts?

A track that I ride fairly regularly has started to develop some pretty bad ruts in certain sections from the light bike traffic and the level of walkers. The effected areas are mainly the lower sections of long, fast straights where people have to brake before entering fairly sharp corners...