Search results

1. D

Oxy........Last ride for the year

Oxy Cool pics and pity it was so bloody hot though!!!!!!!
  2. D

income protection isurance for riding dh

Insurance I don't know of an income protection insurance company that covers MTB, but my insurance with Bicycle Victoria which cost about $100 a year has a two year income protection part to it albeit that it only covers wages up to about $50000 and this insurance covers you whenever you are on...
  3. D

Urgent Action Needed!

. Just put mine in, I know, but at least I did it.
  4. D

Chicken Run Helmet Cam

bugger Thanks for sharing the footage, just reminds me : wear armour and don't ride alone when doing jumps etc.
  5. D

Nz road trip help

Nz Hey there, I personally don't think that 1 week in Rotorua is overkill, I spent 5 days there and could have stayed longer, also Taupo is only 45 minutes drive south and they have some cool tracks there also near Craters of the moon, and Huka Falls. I ran Maxxis Ignitor tires, not the...
  6. D

Nz road trip help

Hi bpow, I used the Torpedo 7 bags that usually retail for about $200/$150 that have a bit of padding, and my bike survived the flight over and back without any issues as did my mates bike. I rode the Queen Charlotte Track and there is a mob that can transport your bag from hotel to hotel...
  7. D

Nz road trip help

Nz Hey there, just completed a 4 week NZ mtb trip. Took my own bike and used a bike bag from Torpedo 7 which seemed to the job just fine. Flew Air NZ, who allow 10kg on top of your normal luggage allowance for sporting equipment. Also get your hands on a book called Classic New Zealand Mountian...
  8. D

Is DH only for the younguns?

Old but not too old I am about to turn 41, riding for the last 9 years and still loving DH. Most of my mates, male and female are in their 30's and all ride DH, although none of us race these days we still try and improve on each run and try and hit new jumps/drops etc. And then there is always...
  9. D

Travelling bike bag

travel bag Have a look on the website of your airline, because a few airlines will let you take sporting equipment and allow a higher total luggage amount. Like if you go to NZ and fly Air NZ you can take a total of 32kg instead of just the 20kg. Otherwise may be use a bike box instead.
  10. D

Downhill tracks in Blue Mountains under threat of closure show your support :-)

Blue Mountain trails under threat Just bumping this to the top, so that hopefully more people respond and write to council and help to keep Old Bathurst Road etc open for everyone to enjoy. Get off your backsides people and write a letter to help save these trails.
  11. D

motorbike forums, road/cafe/bobber

boober etc Hi Adam, have a look at http://www.deus.com.au/, mind you they are bloody expensive. Why not go for a Triumph Triton, they look good and all the hard work is done. I will also e-mail you a pic of my new ride. Cheers, Gus
  12. D

The Polite Wollongong Thread

Polite Wollongong Thread Great idea, and yes I am from Sydney, yes I ride in Wollongong, and have some fine friends from that area that I ride with. Nice to see a welcoming thread, hell I ride everywhere from Lithgow to Ourimbah, Oxy etc etc etc, you have some great tracks there and as with...
  13. D

What bike for 200kg rider, any suggestions

thanks thus far Thanks for some of the suggestions, I am taking him to a shop to see how bikes stack up against his size etc, and yes I will keep you all posted if you want to let you know how he goes. It's just good to see that he wants to shed some pounds and have a bit of fun riding around...
  14. D

What bike for 200kg rider, any suggestions

My mate wants to purchase a mountain bike for exercise as he has bad knees and can't jog or run. Issues is he weighs 200kg and is 6foot tall. Any suggestions for a hardtail that will withstand his weight, keeping in mind he is not going to be doing jumps etc just a bit of riding on dirt and on...
  15. D

No more Mt Kembla.

Mt Kembla Nice one start the whole Sydney v's Wollongong riders bullshit again, tracks are there to be ridden, and perhaps instead of starting this bullshit put some time into approaching the right people to get some tracks legalised or at least tolerated.
  16. D

Old Bathurst Road work day 31Oct09

OBR Track maintenance All those that are able to help please have a look at the link above in the first post or go to the Trail Building forum and get in touch with Nerf Herder as soon as possible, you need to be registered or else you can not help and build on the 31st October 2009, also it...
  17. D

661 Filter SPD Shoes or the 5/10

shoes go with the five/ten, as the 661 have a metal plate in them and you won't be able to feel what your feet are doing on the pedals. I tried it once with flats and a set of 661 (SPD type shoes) and they felt terrible and also ended snapping my collarbone because it all felt wrong. The...
  18. D

cyclists win

Lithgow Great to see that all that hard work that Flynny etc have put into this is paying off, congrats guys, let the building begin......
  19. D

2008 NSW Mountain Bike Masters

masters games I wanted to pre-register this morning, but I am confused as on the bottom of the entry it states age as at 31 December 2009?? Should it not be age at 31 December 2008??????? Can anyone clarify this? Cheers,
  20. D

Metal heads unite

Metal If you liked Damaged, have a listen out for Walk THe Earth (Matt Skitz the old Damaged drummer's new band).