emperor
venom
mayhem
satyricon

INRI

Likes Dirt
Huzzar for metal

Sabbeth (yeah they are metal)
I was unaware of any band called Sabbeth.
What do the music 'geniuses' like Roasted think about The Red Shore, Whitechapel or Suicide Silence?

Are they acceptable, or because they aren't from the 80's, they're shit?
Well yeah, it's metal, but that doesn't mean it's any good. Formulaic and totally uninteresting. Generally overtriggered and inhuman sounding thanks to the wonders of protools. I don't vibe off much present day stuff because it seems that most modern metal is about sweeping more in one song than the next band, or making something BR00TEL by tuning to drop A or whatever and running the geets through a pitchshifter.

As for parkway drive being emo, with their fanbase they may as well be. I love that the song 'dead mans chest' looks like its about smoking sucking, yet you see hordes of fourteen year old girls with excessive hair smoking like chimneys out the front of their shows. I might like it more if the song was about pirates.

Last edited:

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Helmet (Meantime, Strap It On, Betty)? Anyone see them on the Meantime tour earlier this year? It was filf.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Helmet (Meantime, Strap It On, Betty)? Anyone see them on the Meantime tour earlier this year? It was filf.
Yeah spewin I missed em... from I heard, it was a bonkas show:cool:

INRI

Likes Dirt
If you liked Damaged, have a listen out for Walk THe Earth (Matt Skitz the old Damaged drummer's new band).
Walk the Earth is an abortion you should avoid at all costs. They sucked even when they had Ludbrook singing. Sadistik Exekution, Cemetery Urn and Abramelin were all far better skitz bands.

Yep im a metal head, for sure! Ive listened to lotsa different metal over my 36yrs and keep coming back for more. Gotta say i cant stand Metallicas new album though! I listen to old metal to new metal from Glam to Brutal and everything inbetween. Metals in my blood and always will be:D

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
I'm more brutal than you. I listened to Parkway Drive before they were cool.
I hope that i am hearing some sarcasm there because parkway drive weren't, aren't and ever will be cool, (IMO).

Give me opeth, death, katatonia, kalmah, meshuggah, children of bodom, iced earth, slipknot (going to see tommorow :D), cannibal corpse, dimmu borgir, behemoth, strapping young lad, demon hunter, dream theater, dark tranquility, divine heresy, in flames, iron maiden, nevermore, pantera, sepultura, symphony x, x japan and 3 inches of blood.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I hope that i am hearing some sarcasm there because parkway drive weren't, aren't and ever will be cool, (IMO).

Give me opeth, death, katatonia, kalmah, meshuggah, children of bodom, iced earth, slipknot (going to see tommorow :D), cannibal corpse, dimmu borgir, behemoth, strapping young lad, demon hunter, dream theater, dark tranquility, divine heresy, in flames, iron maiden, nevermore, pantera, sepultura, symphony x, x japan and 3 inches of blood.
katatonia! good to see your into them! didnt think id see their name come up. as dimmu and sepultura however his other band soulfly is better :p

dunndog

Eats Squid
Parkway Drive are EMO, as admitted by their bass player - whoever he is - to a guy I work with who's mates with him. I wouldn't really know cos to me, metal is metal. Not crossover hybrid nu nothin. Old school Metallica, Pantera, Deicide, Testament, old shit for an old dude haha