Search results

1. R

Mont 24 - spot needed

I know, chances are mighty slim. I am training for 24 solo, so happy to join a 2 man team or any really. Happy to take the 12pm - 6am bracket as well. Need the night riding experience. Flexible on all of the above. Only medium paced however :) Raf
  2. R

Freewheel sticking - what the?

Hi, Since the Jet black mud fest, my rear hub seems to catch when freewheeling. Like, when the wheel is spun, and the lovely clicking sound purs softly away, the casset seems to catch on the odd occasion and turn. Any thoughts on how to repair this. Shimano XT rear free wheel hub...
  3. R

Training for 24 solo - To ride 8 hours or not?

As you surely know, Im in training for my first solo 24, the Jet Black on the 6th Feb. 2 weeks from tomorrow. This was in the intertest of; Peaking my training 12 days out - cant remeber why 12, but read it should be more than 10 and this monday suited best I think) Phsycologically -...
  4. R

24 hour solo food intake

With my first 24hr solo coming up, Ive had a read through what I could find in the forums on nutrition for enduro's. There is alot of good stuff in the Sticky but I was after some personal stories on what you eat, and if what I would like to eat is sufficient or nasty. Going on the 1g...
  5. R

Where can I get front Hub cones for Shimano

Other than my LBS, where do people go for parts like this? Happy to try the LBS on Monday, but if there is an aladin's cave online where a mug punter can get cheap parts, I would prefer that. I am very much a DIY mechanic, hunting for supplies :) Any ideas? Cheers Raf
  6. R

Need batteries for Niterider Tri Newt.

As it says. I need some spare batteries for my Nite rider Tri Newt for a 24hr coming up. Cheers Raf
  7. R

Solo training - anyone want to ride together?

Fellow Canberrans Im training for my first solo 24hr in sydney 6th Feb 2010. Only medium skill level, so if your fast you might be frustrated..... Anyhoo, if your still interested....I will be riding alot between now and then, hopeing to do some long rides, day and night, both on the road...
  8. R

Beginner Solo 24hr training group - Canberra

Hey there, THere are a couple of us based here in Canberra who have entering our first 24 hour solo race, being the Jet Black in Sydney (we in fact just ran into each other at my 5yold's birthday party). Im looking to find anyone else who might be looking for training buddies for night...
  9. R

Sent Messages folder - nothing in it

and yes, I have sent PM's... :p I was just wanting to track who Ive Pm'ed, but my sent items folder is always empty. Any help? Raf
  10. R

Rock Shox Fork upgrade

I really have tried to search for the answer to this, so sorry if its an old hat question but I just couldnt find the answer. Can someone tell me the grading for Rock Shox forks, i.e., base through to top quality. I have 'Judy', but where do 'Tora' and 'Sid' excetera come. Focus is on XC...
  11. R

Just Built my first wheel - Ohh happy day!

I just wanted to share. :D I love my bike, Avanti Hammer Hardtail. It suits me well, and , I just like it :rolleyes: , so I dont want to upgrade to a new bike. But I wanted disk brakes. The hammer didnt come standard with them in 2004 but it does have the lugs for the brakes. Also I...
  12. R

Replacing a Derallier Hanger - is it easy?

Hey, I snapped the hanger on my Deore XT rear derallier and have bought a replacement (actually 2, good to have a spare I reckon). Im looking at it thinking, this is either really easy to replace, or impossible. Given the spring tension on the lower connector for the hanger, Im not...
  13. R

Scott 24hr 2009 - When and who?

Hi there, WHen will we see the photos from the Scott 24hr and who are the photographers. I had my picture taken by about 5 different cameras on each lasp, just wondering who were the photographers and how can I see what they have? I have found Greg Long's photos and they are fantastic...