Search results

1. P

You Yangs Ride Day February 21st BOOKED OUT

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiit! I can't make it... I could but I think i'd be too wrecked to ride.
  2. P

Indoor MTB Park - A survey that needs your input.

Finding the premises is a while off yet, we need to develop the business plan, secure funding/sponsorship... then we can look at locations and build options. Don't hold your breath people, it'll be a while... But any big developments will be posted up here immediately, the support on here has...
  3. P

I don't think it'll quite as cheap as $10 for a full day... but you never know. Good barista? While not a trained barista, my coffees are pretty freakin' awesome. A decent espresso machine is a must in any place I work.
  4. P

Well into 6 figures... So $10 may be a touch too cheap for us to keep our head above water, but we'll see.
  5. P

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think it would cost to build/run? Also, a Rampfest 'session' costs $10, for 4 hours... We were talking about a full day pass.
  6. P

Whats the best way to get into DH?

I started by just taking my hardtail down the DH track, just to see how it would go... I loved the trails, so decided to upgrade to an AM bike, and bought a Reign, so I could still do XC riding, but get down the DH trails a little better. From there I ended up just riding the DH trails, not...
  7. P

We won't be looking to buy, just lease... and your opinion of reasonably priced may vary greatly to ours. We have been looking for a while now, we know what's around, we know what we can get in what areas and for how much. We just need to assess where the compromise between size, location and...
  8. P

You could probably get away with 2000m2, but you wouldn't get as much of everything... so it would mean sacrificing a lot. We'd like to find a place closer to 3000-4000m2. There are a few around now, just on the edge of zone 1 trains... but by the time we get ourselves sorted they will be...
  9. P

The city is pretty much out, unless someone has a 3000m2 warehouse they want to donate to us. The most 'central' property we have come across, that has enough room and isn't ridiculously expensive is in the Reservoir area, but the most suitable places are further out, towards Oakleigh...
  10. P

Just a bump to remind everyone that the survey closes at the end of the month, so if you want to go in the draw to the $50 voucher, you'd better get in and fill it out.
  11. P

Help me out with my survey - Indoor MTB park in Melbourne?

Just a bump to remind everyone that the survey closes at the end of the month, so if you want to go in the draw to the $50 voucher, you'd better get in and fill it out.
  12. P

It wouldn't be MTB specific, but would be directed at MTB riders more than BMX, and unlike Rampfest, scooters, skates and boards wouldn't be permitted.
  13. P

You Yangs MTB Park

*cough* Unless someone accidentally deletes the crash footage *cough*
  14. P

The winner will be plucked at random. And at the moment, the largest concentration of survey entrants are from the north east, around Box Hill... So depending on what warehouses are worth in that area, you might get lucky.
  15. P

Just a reminder people... There is a $50 gift voucher up for grabs! So get in and fill out the survey. We've had a lot of great suggestions, so keep them coming.
  16. P

Just a reminder people... There is a $50 gift voucher up for grabs! So get in and fill out the survey. We've had a lot of great suggestions, so keep them coming.
  17. P

Good tipson how to bunnyhop or manual

Fixed that for you.
  18. P

We are not wanting to replicate Ray's, we want to take the Ray's concept and modify it to suit the demands of Melbourne riders, hence the survey. Ultimately we want to keep dirt! As you said, dirt is requirement, mountain biking doesn't exist without dirt... And we'd be kidding ourselves if...
  19. P

Id be keen to pick the brains of the Rampfest owners, but i'm not too sure how willing they'd be to pass on their knowledge to a possible competitor... Even though what we'd be doing is quite different.
  20. P

Thanks Norm, we'll need a bit of luck for it to happen, there is a lot of planning and a lot of money required and it's not likely to happen in the next 6 months or even 12. And you comment on how well articulated my post was suggests you think i'm 'just another kid with a big idea'... Well...