Search results

1. T

Small or XS hard tail $500-750

I've got a Giant xtc2 that's about a 2003 model. It's a small size. If your interested I can take some pics and send them to you with spec. It's in very good condition and has had very little use.
  2. T

The discount code thread

Thanks for that.
  3. T

AM Bike on a budget. Suggestions?

iRide bikes in Melbourne were selling their 2013 Rocky Mountain Altitude demo bike. I think they want 2k for it.
  4. T

29er hardtail with rack mounts for Baby seat?

If your still thinking about a bike with mounts, the Specialized Carve has them on the top and bottom of the seat stays. You should be able to get one around you price range.
  5. T

The Single Speed Thread

The info booklet that came with my carve has a torque spec of 9 nm. When I picked it up the shop said run plenty of grease between the ebb and the frame and you shouldn't get any creaking. I haven't had any issues yet.
  6. T

Skoda Yeti - anyone have any experience?

One thing 15 odd years in the motor industry has tought me, is no car make or model of car is totally free from issues. But some have common and reoccurring issues. Euro cars have a perception of quality. Some are very good and some aren't so good. The same thing happens with Asian cars. Do...
  7. T

I work at a dealership and we find common issues with captiva are rattling engines and timing chains. They also come in with lots of warning lights on. Air bag warnings etc. and they just seam to age very quickly. Having rattles and trim coming loose. They are cheap but not a great car...
  8. T

The new rav 4 comes in diesel and is nice to drive. You could pick up a new one for about $33000-34000 I'd look at Japanese over euro. Lots of problems with dsg trans. Stay clear of craptiva sorry captiva
  9. T

The Single Speed Thread

Hi Boxer I looked on bike exchange and then jumped on the phone and called Specialized dealers until I found a frame. I wanted to go with the frame and build it up as I think I got a better spec than the factory built bike and wanted suspension forks. In the end it probable cost the same...
  10. T

The Single Speed Thread

Here is my new bike, I finished putting to together today and took it on it's maiden ride. It's my first Single Speed and my first 29er so was a learning experiance. Frame: Specialized Carve SS Forks: Rock Shox RCT3 Wheels: Stans ZTR Crest Tyres : Schwalbe Racing Ralph Cranks : Shimano XT...
  11. T

Specialized Carve SSer 2013.

Bike looks good Refreshinglygood. How does it ride with suspension forks? I picked up a 2012 frame yesterday. There are a few around still if you want to do some searching. Most of them are Large or XL. I was lucky enough to find a medium(my size) Now I just need to finalize what build to...
  12. T

Sold

All sold. Thanks for looking
  13. T

Sold

The rear derailler is still available. $60 plus postage. Everything else is now sold.
  14. T

Sold

I'm open to offers as a whole. Would like to sell as a whole but if I get enough interest in single items i will split it up. Shoot me any offers on any single items.
  15. T

Sold

Item: Shimano 3x9 Drive line Location: Geelong Victoria Item Condition: Very little use. Reason for selling: Swapped to 2x10 Price and price conditions: $320 will post Australia wide for $30 Extra Info: I’m wanting to sell as a whole. Cranks: XT M770 44-32-22 triple 175...
  16. T

STOLEN Canberrans.....2013 Trek bikes

If any of them turn up for sale just be carefull. A guy at my work bought a road bike on Ebay last year that was near new nice and cheap. The guy told him he bought it rode it once or twice and didn't like road bikes so it was for sale. About a month after he bought it there was a knock...
  17. T

Post your Roadie

Here's mine. First road bike bought for fitness training. Sorry about the crap photo.:nevreness:
  18. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Put some air in the tyres. The rims where getting to close to the floor. Recovery form shoulded surgery is killing me. Closest i've been to the bike in months.
  19. T

Thule roof rack issues

Turner. To take off the bike rack maybe. But then there are bolts sticking up. To take the T bolts out and put the rubber back is a pain. I'm seriously thinking a refund and another brand could've the way to go. They have been helpful but also frustrating.
  20. T

GO PRO or Similar

Try camera retailers. I've seen them in a few shops. Ted's cameras have them and contour on their online store.