Search results

1. M

NSW WTB : Boost rear hub

Item: Boost rear hub, 32H, preferably with XD driver. Looking for something of reasonable quality, but doesn't have to be top end. Location: Can pick up in Sydney, but anywhere if you're prepared to post Item Condition: Used is fine, but running smoothly would be good. Reason: Looking to build...
  2. M

Mullet opinions

Quite a few bikes are now coming with the option to 'mullet' them - the manufacturer supplying links / flip chips etc so that you can run different size rear wheels but keep the same (or similar) geometry. So what would make you choose a bigger or smaller wheel on the back? What difference...
  3. M

Shimano tri-wing screws

My XT Di2 derailleur is not shifting so I'd like to strip it down to have a look and see if there's anything I can repair. It's a longshot, as it's probably a circuit board or something unserviceable, but no harm in looking. However, I can't get in as it uses tri-wing heads on the screws for...
  4. M

NSW Sold - 2015 Specialized Enduro S-works, 650b, Large

Item: 2015 Specialized Enduro S-Works, 650b, Large Location: St Ives, Sydney Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: New bike Price and price conditions: $2750 ono Extra Info: Spec is mainly unchanged from original (see...
  5. M

NSW SOLD - Giant Glory 01, Medium, 2011

Item: Giant Glory 01 Location: St Ives, Sydney Item Condition: Pretty good Reason for selling: Doesn't get used Price and price conditions: $1200 - open to offers Extra Info: Hasn't had a great deal of use, so it's in reasonably good condition. Everything is stock apart from the rear wheel...
  6. M

NSW SOLD - Giant XTC 2 Hardtail, 2012, Small

Item: Giant XTC 2 Hardtail, small Location: St Ives, Sydney Item Condition: Good - no offroad use, only used for commuting Reason for selling: No longer required Price and price conditions: $300 Extra Info: See https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/xtc-29er-2-2012 for Specs. Nothings been changed...
  7. M

Sold SOLD - Specialized Enduro Evo 2014 Small

Item: Specialized Enduro Evo 2014 small Location: St Ives, Sydney Item Condition: Good condition - only a few minor scuffs and scrapes Reason for selling: Not being used Price and price conditions: $1000 Extra Info: As per the original spec - see...
  8. M

Adelaide

We (my wife and I, no kids) have the option to move to Adelaide in the new year. New job would be in Hindmarsh. Currently living on the Sydney Upper North Shore and enjoying the proximity to the bush, a good riding scene etc, but the place is rather lacking in any nightlife (not that we want to...
  9. M

NSW SOLD - Specialized Carve Comp

Item: Specialized Carve Comp, 2013, Large Location: North Shore, Sydney, NSW Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: No longer used Price and price conditions: $500 Pictures: Yes Extra Info: Used for commuting only - has never seen dirt. 2 * 10 chainset is a bit worn, but still functions OK...
  10. M

NSW WTB : 27.5 Carbon Wheelset

Item: 27.5 Carbon Wheelset Location: Sydney, but happy to arrange couriers etc Price range/Willing to Pay: The going rate Extra Info: Looking for a set of Carbon wheels - around 30mm ID. Non boost, and preferably with an XD driver. What's out there?
  11. M

Span adjuster broken

I've managed to break off the span adjuster knob on my front Guide - this bit :- Looking at the service manual, it looks like you can't buy this bit separately, only as part of the lever. Anyone know any different? Or know where I can get one? Or have one knocking about that they would take...
  12. M

Can I repair / use this?

I pulled the DH bike out of the shed to find that the rear tyre was flat (it's running tubeless). I pumped it up but could feel air leaking from around the join in the rim. Holding the rim up to the light, you can just see a pinprick hole in the side of the rim. Don't know what make the rim is...
  13. M

Thredbo thoughts

Does anyone know what the plans are re mountain biking at Thredbo? It seems to me that with all of these new locations opening up, Thredbo is going to have to up it's game if it wants to keep the crowds coming. The last time I was down there, they'd rerouted parts of the downhill and flow...
  14. M

X01 Cassette stuck

I'm trying to get the X01 Cassette off to give it a clean and grease. However, it seems to be stuck to the body. I've read a few forum posts of people having the same issue, and they're resolved by prising something, giving it a whack - but I'm just not sure how it goes together to know exactly...
  15. M

NSW Sold 2014 Fox 34 Talas CTD Factory Fork 27.5" Kashima - OD2

Item: 2014 Fox 34 Talas CTD Factory, with Kashima coating, 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive 2 (ie Giant) steerer, 140-160mm travel Location: St Ives, Sydney Item Condition: Good - just a couple of scratches on the Kashima coating as shown in the photos - these don't affect the performance at all...
  16. M

NSW SOLD Kona Entourage - 2013 - small

Item: 2013 Kona Entourage - Small Location: St Ives, Sydney Item Condition: Good - a couple of scrapes and shuttle marks and there's a minor dent in the rear rim. Reason for selling: New bike Price and price conditions:$1200 - pick up only. PRICE DROP - $1000 Extra Info: Not seen much use -...
  17. M

NSW SOLD - Scott Genius 720 Carbon 650b, Medium, 2013

Item: Scott Genius 720, Carbon frame, 650b wheels medium, 2013 model Location: Sydney, North Shore Item Condition: Generally excellent condition - frame skin applied from new, a few wear and scuff marks from normal riding, plus a bit of a scrape on the fork lowers (see pictures) - stanchions...
  18. M

NSW SOLD Fox Factory Series 34 FLOAT 27.5 150mm FIT CTD

Item: Fox 34 Fork, 27.5/650b, 150mm travel, kashima coated, 2014. Location: Sydney, North Shore Item Condition: The stanchions are in excellent condition - no marks at all. The lowers have some light scratches from where a bit of barbed wire got caught up in the wheel - otherwise they're...
  19. M

NSW Sold

Item: Specialized Command Post and remote Location: Sydney - Inner West Item Condition: Used, but in excellent condition Reason for selling: No longer needed - new bike came with a dropper post Price and price conditions: $150 + postage (although would prefer local pickup) Extra Info...
  20. M

NSW Sold

Item: Trek Lush SL WSD. Size Small / 15.5 Location: Five Dock Item Condition: A couple of scuffs, but pretty good Reason for selling: New bike Price and price conditions: $1500 Extra Info: See http://www.silentrevolution.com.au/forum/topics/for-sale-trek-lush-sl-2012?xg_source=activity for...