Search results

1. rotorub

Virtual Cycling DVD's for indoor trainers?

Was looking to purchase some dvd's like these spinervals ones for training and general fitness. http://www.spinervals.com/products/department18.cfm has anybody used these dvd's or ones like these? Are they any good?
  2. rotorub

Pedal Stuck in Crank help or tips please?

Have a shimano PD-M520 pedal fitted to a standard deore hollotech 2 crank. Am unable to remove the pedal from the crank. Have tried WD40 hitting it with a hammer etc. Crank/pedal is currently not fitted to a bike Cheers
  3. rotorub

Neds Atomic Dustbin Jersey

Wasnt sure what Thread to post this in, sorry mods Anyone into "The NEDS" band back in the 90's Jerseys are available from the UK: Not cheap but Farkin Awesome!:clap2: Thought I would post anyway as they are a great designs! See Link =>http://milltag.cc/shop/collaborations/neds...
  4. rotorub

100mm to 12 mm Fork Upgrade?

Could have possibly listed in the dum questions thread however here goes: I ride a 09 Giant Anthem fitted with a rockshox Recon with 100mm travel. Is an upgrade to a 120mm travel fork eg. Rockshox Reba possible? :decision: If so would it affect the ride of the bike in anyway? I asume it...
  5. rotorub

Chain Length Dually - Specifically for 09 Giant Anthem Medium?

Hi have to fit a new chain to Medium size 09 Giant Anthem frame I am building up. I searched the net and found info that suggests for dually's there is a need to add extra links for when the rear suspension is fully compressed (bottomed out). I think this applies more to downhill frames...
  6. rotorub

Rock Shox Tora (Coil) Service/Repair How much$?

Hi All I have a Rock shox Tora 302 4"/100mm w/PopLoc Coil Spring. The poploc lock out is not working. It will turn but wont lock. The grub screw that holds cable is stuffed also. How much$ would it cost to fix the lock out and service the fork including parts at a bike shop? Just...
  7. rotorub

Help - Quick Release (QR) Wheels What is Standard Size QR?

Hi I am buidling a Hard tail MTB for my wife: I have just bought a frame and MTB Fork and need to get some wheels for it. I am hoping to purchase a set of new or near new wheels for the frame/Fork. The box the fork came in states the fork is 9mm QR and have been told 9mm is not standard...
  8. rotorub

XC trails near Northern Rivers/Ballina Byron?

I am heading to Ballina northern NSW soon and wondering if there are any XC trails in the area? Google searches only bring up MTB tour companies offering tours in the area. Unfortunately I am getting there by plane and wont be taking my bike. But was wondering for future visits when we...
  9. rotorub

Mt Keira Top in the Wet?

Its been raining. Just when I thought the sun would dry things out. Its raining again tonight. bummed! My Brother has advised me the top of Mt Keira XC trail is really sippery and dangerous in the wet just after rain. (not the downhill uni track or the holy trail) And its best not to ride...
  10. rotorub

Sparrow Hill Trail Direction

I am from Sydney and drove down and rode sparrow hill mid weekfor the 1st time. Great Trail nice and smooth. I could only ride half of it due to the lgging that is going in half the area. You can enter the different named trails from both directions. It got me thinking if there was any...
  11. rotorub

CycloCross in OZ?

Hi Have been reading some MTB magazines and articles on CycloCross. I ride both road and MTB so this type of riding seems really cool. Also my MTB skills are such that I am often hoping off the bike and carrying it over obstacles on the trail, much like in cyclocross. Am suprised this...
  12. rotorub

Air Vs spring

Hi All, I was looking at a giant trance X3 in a mtb shop today that had a fox front fork. I was told it had a spring (not air) suspension and that spring shock forks are better than air sprung forks as they are easier to service. Is this true can anybody ellaborate? I thought air shocks...
  13. rotorub

Hi + Heading to Switzerland OCT-NOV10 any ideas on good Riding locations

Hey Am new couldnt think of a post when I remembered am heading overseas and want to catch some riding in SWI if I can. Not sure if there is a forum for International rides sites if there is point me in the right area and will post there. Am travelling to Switzerland in OCT-NOV lather this...