Search results

1. Larryscustomcycles

The Perfect Bastard

Well the Kite is a really nice bit of gear...test ride can be had at the Dirty Deeds CX this weekend. Also, Its a good time to negotiate a deal with everything we have in stock. Im headed to Eurobike in 6 weeks and want to get hold of some new gear, bikes and anything else shiny...so current...
  2. Larryscustomcycles

The Perfect Bastard

Gidday, lunch tomorrow?
  3. Larryscustomcycles

The Perfect Bastard

Free shipping for Rotorburners on current stock too.
  4. Larryscustomcycles

The Perfect Bastard

We have all sizes of Swift (std 29er), Gryphon (drop bar 29er) or even Peregrine (tour/cx with discs). If you could go with Cantis then the Kite is here as well. They tick all your boxes.
  5. Larryscustomcycles

Should I, or should I not

Well I'm on the moto tomorrow morning...riding to Bright the back way...80% dirt...things are going to be slippy. I heard there is beer at the pub in Bright so I thought Id better check. Oh, and Coffeeman...tell Mal that Larry needs love too!
  6. Larryscustomcycles

I could convince you but it is now owned by another...so you will likely miss out. Its like the second coming, but I bet you missed that too:)
  7. Larryscustomcycles

The Milkmoney is like riding a BMX again...but nice and squishy for old bones.
  8. Larryscustomcycles

First ride 29er ss rigid

Buy rigid...hardtails are for pussies. I'll have a non suspension corrected (so you cant even turn pussy if you want to) SS soon.
  9. Larryscustomcycles

Niner Carbon Fork Replace?

See you at the beer shortcut in Beechworth?
  10. Larryscustomcycles

So good of you to introduce your forks to the rocks you know...:)
  11. Larryscustomcycles

Its funny talking to him, you spend 5 minutes before he starts talking so far beyond your understanding of composites and structures, you get horribly confused and start to feel straight out dumb.
  12. Larryscustomcycles

I would keep riding it but just keep an eye on it. And, I might decide to make some bar plugs with retractable spikes for the rudeness. But, if you are concerned and are smarter than me you could send it to this bloke to get checked. http://www.carbonbikerepair.com.au/ No association...
  13. Larryscustomcycles

Do you miss the flickability and fun of FS 26ers

I found a flickable 29er Well, it looks flicky...
  14. Larryscustomcycles

Geez John, You change your mind more often than your jocks...and I still want to know why you need a longer reach on a 29er than on 26? Comparison wise, I have ridden with a mate who rides a 26in carbon Specialized FS thing. Now he is just a better rider than me, technically better and...
  15. Larryscustomcycles

I think I know what it might be John. Wheelbase. Longer is more stable and less 80's hair flickable. So, in order to keep the zing in a 5 inch 29er...which obviously is going to need longer forks than a 3 inch 29er something has to give and its either head angle or top tube, now knocking...
  16. Larryscustomcycles

I crash less riding 29ers (busted skewers excepted) so I suppose my riding has been sanitized a bit...but really Im quite pleased with this. Just wait a couple more weeks John and I'll have the new wheels on the Lenz and you can ride that. Its a huge amount more responsive and faster steering...
  17. Larryscustomcycles

Broken Skewer...

lol, no...I got cranky and it hit the bin pretty quickly. Its already got a new skewer and ready to go...so its all good now. I just wanted to see if it was just me who lives in a bubble or whether this was actually a rare occurrence. Now I know its the latter. My new hubs are on their way...
  18. Larryscustomcycles

Broken Skewer...

Oh, I have about 20 unbroken skewers...its just not something I take on a ride. I have used lots of control tech stuff before and never had a drama, its usually top quality stuff so I don't know what I did to bust it. Its all sorted out now. Adam is all funbolted up already so he is safe...
  19. Larryscustomcycles

Broken Skewer...

I think what sucked the most was that we were parked at the Kurrajong entrance and I was on Boulder track...so my wife went back to get the van while I hung out at the shed...these things never happen near the car, always as far away as you can be!
  20. Larryscustomcycles

Broken Skewer...

It was actually a control tech skewer. I really like bolt up hubs...you just don't bust 8mm bolts. Bike is fine, I'm sure its scratched somewhere...I bled on the trail...sorry about that:) I blame Adam, if he didn't buy the wheels off the Lenz I would have been riding that and it wouldn't...