Search results

1. A

Pimp my Trek!

Hi All, I have a XC race bike, DH bike and a roadie, but keen on getting a fun trail bike. I have been seriously considering a Trek remedy (150mm travel front and rear) as a fun trail bike - but problem is - being a girl... i cant buy an ugly bike!! and the 2012 treks come in... brown and black...
  2. A

Trek Top Fuel

Hi all, I am struggling to find a trek top fuel 8 2010 model in frame size 19.5. They are available in the US, but trek does not allow these items to be shipped. I am willing to consider any of the carbon models of the 9.8 and 9.9 in both 2010 and 2011. I am happy to pay whatever is reasonable...
  3. A

Bike sale scam??!

Hi all, I was browsing the MTBA classifieds website as i am in the market for a Trek Top Fuel or similar... and came across this link.... http://www.mtba.asn.au/classifieds/detail.asp?iType=13&iAd=4771 Claiming to be able to send a Top Fuel 9.9 (which is usually 10k) for USD $ 3,516.00...
  4. A

XC/enduro coaching?

Hi all, Im really keen not just to increase my skill set but also get a training program written out plus start to get some continual feedback about my riding. Who is the best people to get advice on this? Are there coaches etc? If so where do you find them? I'm in the Adelaide area. I know...
  5. A

2011 Giant Anthem Advanced SL 1?

Hi All, Just after an opinion. After my bike falling off the top of a friends car on the weekend (yes at speed... and yes more damage to the car from the rotor hitting the roof! ...only resulting in a bent skewer and a mildly bent rotor) im fast tracking my purchase of a dually. Just a bit of a...
  6. A

Cramping in legs and feet after riding

Hi All, I seem to find after a day on the MTB, i get shocking cramps in feet and calves. It generally happens after i have done about 2-3 hrs on the bike. I ensure my fluid level is up, and same with sodium levels. Any more ideas on how to rectify this?
  7. A

Training for an enduro race

Hi all, any hints/tips on setting up a training program for enduro riding? im planning to start out with a 6hr event hen build up. Any tips on where to start? Cheers
  8. A

DH tyres

Hi All, A friend of mine has (permanently) lent me their DH Glory. It needs new tyres. + some rims. Can anyone recommend the type of tyres i should get? I am in adelaide - so most of the tracks are rather rocky and sometimes a little rooty, but im not just a fair weather rider either. Is there...
  9. A

Pedals for XC bike

Hi All, I am about to buy a new XC rig and would like some advice re: pedals. on my current bike i run just your generic shimano cleat (with the option of riding a flat pedal - i think they call it "test ride"?) I love XC riding but not hugely confident at riding clipped in. a) what...
  10. A

Trance or Anthem?

Hi All, I have really got into trail riding recently. I had my first XC comp on the weekend and absolutely loved it (I was riding an Giant XTC hardtail) I really want to get a duallie, but not sure the one i want to go for. Ideally it will be for trail riding, but i also want to do XC comps and...
  11. A

Classes in races

Hi All, Can someone please explain to me the different classes of events at races? I would classify myself as a beginner. I have a hardtail and ride some singletrack/firetracks and do a lot of trail riding (about 1.5hrs/day) I went to the national championships on the weekend and there were...
  12. A

Beginner DH, XC, All mountain riders?

Hi All, I am a beginner rider, and was wondering if any other beginners would be up for a ride in adelade metro area? I live within 2km of Lynton, but am happy to go anywhere. cheers, Anna
  13. A

XC, enduro or downhill riding?

Hi All, I have been doing a lot of trail riding recently, I love the fitness and challenge of going uphill, but enjoy the coming back down side too :) :) ...should i focus on xc or dh? and what sort of training do you recommend? and are there any races for beginners in SA?
  14. A

Beginner wanting to improve bike handling skills

Hi there, I am new to XC trail/ basic DH. I love it, and try to ride every day. (I ride in the Lynton park (SA)... albeit on the same green/blue runs! However, i find myself constantly walking up the same rock ledge's/down drop offs as i am just not confident in my own abilities. Is there...