Search results

1. Danny B

GXP direct mount ring installation - spider bolts?

Hi peps, Just a quick query - Truvativ X9/X0 cranks with removable spiders. Can anyone tell me what the torque settings for the three small T25 bolts which hold the spider in place are? (I can't find a technical manual for my Truvativ X9 cranks online... crazy.). Thanks in advance. - Danny
  2. Danny B

Carbon 29er fork - what Nm for steerer bung?

Bought a Chinese carbon fork for my 29er (XMI Play) - can anyone tell me what Nm I should be doing the expander bung up to? I'm getting a little bit of play in the headset at 5Nm. Thanks.
  3. Danny B

Split pins/ bolts for Avid Elixir Trail calipers?

The pin/clip it came with my X7 Trails got munched and I need a replacement. The ones used on std Elixirs or Codes don't fit, and the split pins for Shimano are too big also Can anyone please tell me what size split pin I will need to fit my Elixir Trail calipers? I don't fancy having to...
  4. Danny B

Sold

Item: Salsa 2 by Formula Hubs x Stans ZTR Rapid rim x DT Swiss Champion 2.0 spokes Location: New Zealand Item Condition: BRAND NEW. Taken off a 2013 Salsa El Mariachi 2 - never ridden. Reason for selling: Using another wheelset. Price and price conditions: $450 shipped anywhere in Australia...
  5. Danny B

Hope Pro2 hubs: Pawl Springs?

Quick question: I just got some replacement pawl springs and they are about half the width of the original springs. Am I meant to install two per pawl or just the one? My gut says two per pawl - cos they fit and I think that maybe Hope has done this intentionally so that pawls will still...
  6. Danny B

Selling a bike - Whole or Part Out?

So I'm going to off load a bike soon and just wanting to know whether people think its best to sell it as a whole or part it out? Its a 26" steel hardtail - custom build with quality components (Hope, Truvativ, Stans, Rockshox Revo RLTs... and 2x9 speed XT/SLX drivetrain). Most parts are...
  7. Danny B

Rockshox Revo RLT - Motion Control has packed it in

As per title. The Motion Control damper on my Revelation's stopped working on my ride yesterday. No lockout, and floodgate adjustment as far as I can tell. A couple of questions: any reason why this should just stop working? Is it cause I blew through the floodgate on a hit? And is this...
  8. Danny B

Sunglasses for riding

Did a search but all the related threads are getting a bit old. What are people wearing when they're riding these days? I noticed that a lot of companies are plugging photochromatic lens these days. Just wondering how well these work. Where I ride its has thick forested areas and some out in...
  9. Danny B

Type 2 vs Shadow Plus

I'm looking to upgrade to 1x10 from 2x9. So naturally I'm looking for a clutched RD. Now that the dust has settled, which system are people preferring? Which is more solid/durable? Does one shifter better than the other? Looking at the setups around the X7/X9 - ZEE/SLX/XT price range. Have...
  10. Danny B

Dropper Post - 100 vs 125mm?

Done a search but couldn't find a quick answer to my question: So I'm getting a dropper post and just wanting to know if I should get myself one with 100mm or 125mm travel? I have 260mm of exposed seatpost so either will work. Is there any disadvantage with getting the one with more...
  11. Danny B

VIC XT Rapidfire Shifter front (9-speed)

As per title. In good working order (and not too bashed up). Happy to consider a buying a set too. Preferably in Melbourne. Will pay the going rate.
  12. Danny B

Rockshox's new Pike

These look great. Definitely on my wishlist. RockShox release new Pike, Monarch Plus and Reverb Connectamajig - Spoke Magazine http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nYFppCaosOo
  13. Danny B

VIC Sold

Item: 2008 Fox 32 F100 RL - 100mm travel, 1 1/8" steerer, 9mm QR Location: Thornbury, VIC Item Condition: Good. Routinely serviced (and having them serviced at the moment). Reason for selling: swapping the XC bike for a trail bike with more travel Price and price conditions: $180 +...
  14. Danny B

Found!!

FOUND!! As per title: Condition - something used but not abused. Preferably black. I have a Thomson X4 90mm x 0º that I'm happy to swap for it... or coin (at the going rate). PM me. cheers!
  15. Danny B

Recommend me a LT Cromoly Hardtail

So I'm moving to New Zealand in a month... and thinking that its a good time to upgrade my current bike to something that is capable of tackling of some rougher terrain. I'm currently riding a 26" Jamis Dragon - 100mm travel steel hardtail (classic XC geometry - long chainstays and a 70º HT)...
  16. Danny B

2010 Yeti 575 or a 2013 Stumpy FSR Comp Evo/ Lapierre Zesty 314

Fellow 'burners, I'm gonna be moving to NZ soon and am considering trading up my Jamis Dragon for something better equipped for riding rougher, steeper terrain. Thinking a 4-5" trail/AM 26er dually (with a slightly slacker HT). I'm on a budget (babies, etc) so am looking to get something...
  17. Danny B

VIC SOLD Genesis Flyer - Track / Fixed Gear - 54cm (Med)

Item: 2008 Genesis Flyer (Medium) - custom build. Details below. Item Condition: Very Good. The frame is straight and true with no dents. There are a few small chips in the paint that have been touched up (one on the top tube and a few on the chainstays - see photos), and there some very...
  18. Danny B

Melburn Bicycle Swap Meet - Saturday 16 June 2012 - World Famous

Back to Supreme HQ Long overdue. If you want to sell please register with Hayden @ Coffee Supreme to book your spot. more here Get your haggle/hoarde on
  19. Danny B

VIC Sold - mods please remove

Sold - mods please remove
  20. Danny B

VIC Sold - mods please remove

Sold - mods please remove