Search results

1. Mike95

Thredbo New All Mountain Trail

Yeah, going to Thredbo for Easter. Also read that this Saturday, A 6km extension of the Thredbo Valley Track from Bullocks Flat to Thredbo River Picnic area opens. Link that up with existing TVT + the AM trail for a super long descent almost all the way to Jindy.
  2. Mike95

Official kentlyn thread

sounds like someone needs a strava intervention
  3. Mike95

Giant anthem sx - the right choice?

The 2016 zero offset dropper post helps overcome this somewhat. Not something I've picked up on yet but haven't done a great deal of climbing on the bike. Re the trance v sx, I also had the chance to demo the 2016 Trance Advanced 1 late last year on a trip to Majura Pines & thredbo. The...
  4. Mike95

Giant anthem sx - the right choice?

Have just come off a 29er ( Santa Cruz Tallboy v1 ) & onto my first 27.5 wheeled bike ( Anthem advanced sx ) My circumstances have changed a little this year & i won't be racing as much xc as in previous years. I was going to go the regular Anthem advanced, but changed my mind after a demo...
  5. Mike95

Anyone riding or racing on beta blockers?

Ive just recently been prescribed calcium channel blockers from my cardiologist. Have been on them for about 3 weeks, so I feel my body is just starting to used to them & the initial side effects are starting to go away. I can sympathize with you & find myself in a very similar situation...
  6. Mike95

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

On my cx bike which i commute on quite a bit, I'm using non tubeless road / touring tyres on tubeless rims but at low pressure. 700x38c Schwalbe marathon racer on stans crest rims with stans yellow tape. Big bag high volume slick at low pressure 50 psi. holds pressure. comfy ride, roll...
  7. Mike95

Giant, how to pick between TCR, Defy and Propel

Im on a 2015 Propel. The Advanced Pro 0 with Ultegra DI2. The only reason I’m riding that is to be legally able to race. Its a fast bike, but to get the most out of the aero frame, you need to be flexible enough to get down low & take advantage of the aero attributes. No point in getting a...
  8. Mike95

Easton wheelsets?

have been running Easton EC90 XC circa 2010 for the last few years with zero problems. very stout wheel set with better lateral stiffness compared to the crest, arch wheel sets I've used.
  9. Mike95

The funniest gumtree/ebay or whatever add post

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Specialzed-S-WORKS-Custom-Built-to-be-the-ultimate-commuter-/161312721599?pt=AU_Cycling_New_&hash=item258efccabf&_uhb=1
  10. Mike95

Post your Roadie

From what i have read on the internet, Stages have been very good with warranty claims. I really hope it gets sorted out asap for you Ackland & they replace the whole crank arm with a new one for you. Also read that a better battery & seal on the battery housing has been made recently. I think...
  11. Mike95

Post your Roadie

my stages pm has been faultless. had it since late feb. ultegra 6800 arm. still on original battery. do about 12 hr's per week on the roadie in all types of weather so its had plenty of use. can't recommend it enough.
  12. Mike95

XX1 Cassette Installation

interested to know if you got this sorted with the 11 speed cassette what did Greg & TWE say?
  13. Mike95

VIC Sold

Yeah, i was watching it on ebay. apparently winning bidder backed out, some story about nephew playing on his phone. great bike btw, would love to buy this. good luck with the sale
  14. Mike95

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

The new ardent race is much more like a ikon than it is to the original ardent. takes the best bits from both imo. for $50 its a great bang for your buck xc tyre, thats not bad in the wet, just not good in clay based mud. ardent race http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-465-18-ardent-race...
  15. Mike95

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

pushys has the 3C exo TR in 29 for $52 I have run the ikons front & rear & found it a great tyre & a very fast setup for xc. The only place they feel down was in damp, wet clay conditions where the knobs couldn't shed the mud. I currently run the ikon on the rear of both my xc bikes. On...
  16. Mike95

sträva premium?

i got stages ultegra 6800 on the roadie. RRP is $899, but can be had for less if you shop around.
  17. Mike95

sträva premium?

Stages Power meter. So far so good for me.
  18. Mike95

sträva premium?

As mentioned above, if you use a power meter, premium is worth it.
  19. Mike95

VIC FS: Cannondale Scalpel Ultimate 29er Large Sram XX1 SOLD

very nice, one of the bikes on my current short list. wish you were in NSW
  20. Mike95

Centennial Park NSW

Interesting to see what comes of this