Search results

1. D

Forks

This is one of those dumb questions once you know the answer. Is it possible to convert 26" forks to 29" by changing the lowers or is everything different? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  2. D

NSW Moama

Great racing on the banks of the Murray at Moama today in the National series. The new track that they have dug into the banks on the north side is an absolute hoot. The 15 minute course was like an extended pump track, fast, furious and Fun. Echuca and Moama have great facilities, it's...
  3. D

International Masters age groups

Can anyone, Tim?, tell me how the UCI age group categories are calculated? It's now 2014, if I turn 55 in June 2014 would I compete in the 50-54 or the 55-60 age group at the world masters championships in September 2014? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. D

Cheap stuff

Steepandcheap.com have some cheap frames and other stuff for sale Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  5. D

Bright National XCO course

I'm likely to be up in Bright at some time over Xmas. I'd love to be able to ride the planned xco course, does anyone in the know have details of the course yet? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  6. D

National Series back in MTBA control

MTBA Takes Control of 2014 National Mountain Bike Series Mountain Bike Australia announced today that the 2014 National Mountain Bike Series will be brought back under MTBA control and delivery. The recent re-structure of Cycling Australia’s (CA) Commercial and Events team means that the...
  7. D

National xco course at Echuca/Moama

So the third round of the xco National series has been moved to Echuca/Moama, what are the tracks like there? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  8. D

Pedals

I ride xc. I've used crank pedals since getting back into mtb'ing and have been generally happy with them, but I seem to read quite a lot of negative sentiment towards them. What are your views on the best pedals and why? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  9. D

Australian Championships venue announced - Bright

So the venue has been announced and it's Bright. Having ridden in the Thule 24 up there a couple of weeks back I'm sure it will be a great event. I'm looking forward to cooling off in the Ovens after the races.
  10. D

VIC State XC Championships

Is there going to be a Vic XC championship race this year?
  11. D

Australian Champs - Stromlo

I've never ridden Stromlo. With a bit of rain forecast this week and through to the race what's the course going to be like? What tyres work well there?
  12. D

2 weeks to get DT Swiss forks serviced

Can anyone in Melbourne service DT Swiss stuff other than the distributor? A 2 week turnaround on servicing is enough to convince me never to buy their product again.
  13. D

Buller, Thredbo, Stromlo, Bright

What do they have in common? At least 2 things; they are all rounds of the Aust Champs and I haven't ridden any of them. :ohwell: What events are on at these venues between now and January if I was looking to aquaint myself with the courses? Or do any clubs out there have days out at these...
  14. D

Interstate XC Championships

Just interested on a rule clarification if anyone can help. Can a Victorian resident compete in SA, NSW etc State MTB championships? If a competitor residing in another state wins do they become the State champion of that state, or is that reserved for first local?
  15. D

2013 Australian XC Championships

Any word yet on where these will be held? :mmph:
  16. D

2013 Nationals

Any word on where the next Nationals will be held?
  17. D

Royal Park, Melbourne

Does the MTB community have any contacts with Parks Vic who I could approach to discuss possible trail building in Royal Park in Parkville Melb?
  18. D

Otb

Hi Trials riders, Need some input on a technique question, not really for trials riding but I presume you're the skills gurus. When I head down a series of drops, or even a long set of steps I find myself coming way forward over the bars. I think I'm just naturally trying to absorb the...
  19. D

Training partner wanted

Hi all I'm looking for a training partner. I'm a Super Masters rider, keen on the shorter XC events at State and Aust level. I'm pretty fast and fairly committed. You can check out my times on strava.com to get an idea of my level. I've done a 56min Donna and do KL in 20min give or...
  20. D

Training Sites

I really need to work on my technique, are there any spots close to Melbourne that have some downhill switchbacks?