Search results

1. D

What happened to my scooter post?

Sorry mate, I don’t get the joke obviously? I think you posted in the thread f@ck scooters?
  2. D

What happened to my scooter post?

Hi, I posted in off topic discussion about scooters. Someone responded with some useful information but now the post has disappeared. Does anyone know what happened? Thanks
  3. D

Fox remote lockout setup

left had is good! My old fox one in the pic above you just nudge to unlock, worked really well. Ima bit further east (Healesville) so can’t get to smiths at the moment. How about I get in touch in a couple of weeks when god help us we may be allowed further.., Cheers
  4. D

Fox remote lockout setup

KDK, that’s a pretty generous offer! It certainly looks different to the one I have. Is it a nudge one? Does it mount on lhs? I’m in Melbourne outer east.. would much prefer to exchange it for a 6 pack then take for nothing if it suits my needs. Cheers
  5. D

Fox remote lockout setup

Yeah the first one, 2nd is my old one.. way better in my opinion!
  6. D

Fox remote lockout setup

Morning from too wet to ride Melbourne, Got a question about my Fox front sus remote lockout lever. I just bought a new bike, I had my old one for 10 years and the front lockout was situated at the end of the grip and you just bump it, so simple. The new one is a lever you actuate with your...
  7. D

New dad/daughter bike build starts here...

Have had good results with the bike this weekend. I have cleaned the whole thing in hot soapy water and used steel wool on the fork and discs. It looks as good as new. Going to buy a crank puller tomoz and will clean up the cranks/chain rings, but have a feeling there maybe a bit of deeper rust...
  8. D

Hey, is it fair to say (if I do replace the fork) I should do it with something with matching travel? What if I went rigid? Do I have to minus sag or something? Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  9. D

Classified Scam funny (ish) #2

I had a guy reply to a wanted ad on a 4wd forum once. He was in London and said he had the parts I needed, from memory it was maybe a bash plate or maybe Tyres. I explained I was in 'Stralya mate and he said happy to ship. I dug a bit deeper asking where in London he was and then asked him when...
  10. D

My daughter is 9 months old, not sure where the 8 years came from. A WeeRide is a seat that sits on the top tube in front if you. The shock has about 65mm travel from memory. The Rockshox looks awesome but am guessing not suitable? Thanks for the offer! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now...
  11. D

Cool, already ordered a chain, I'll give the steel wool a go on the chain rings and see what I can come up with for the fork. Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  12. D

Howdy, So after last nights baby bike seat (switch over now if you're already bored with the baby talk) discussion, I decided to keep the WeeRide and picked up an Apollo Altitude 2010 mtb off eBay for $50, due to my Anthem not being compatible. It hasn't done a heap of work but looks like it has...
  13. D

Giant Anthem/WeeRide

Alright, just bought me an Apollo MTB with disc brakes off eBay for $48!! Needs a couple of things done, I'll start another post about that! Hopefully it fits on this one... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  14. D

Giant Anthem/WeeRide

Steve, great tip on the rigid fork. Hope you don't think for one minute I was criticising your design, it was a beauty. I don't think I like the seats that attach to the handlebars, it's a personal thing for people and what you feel is best for you and your little one I guess. I'll keep you...
  15. D

Giant Anthem/WeeRide

^ ok cool, something to think about, never seen that one before, where did you get it? Rough price? There are benefits with a 3rd bike like not having to worry if I park it somewhere and it getting pinched if it's just a cheapo, and not worrying about damaging the frame, or having to remove...
  16. D

Giant Anthem/WeeRide

Duckmeister and Ivan are correct. Steve24 has just got too much time on his hands judging by that link!! I get the hose clamp idea but i don't think I'll head that way. The MacRides look awesome and a great step up for older kids, although if you get on YouTube and check it out you wouldn't want...
  17. D

Giant Anthem/WeeRide

Here's a link to my bike. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/bikes/model/anthem.x/7283/44207/ The problem seems to be there is a combination of not enough height between the frame and the headset for it to clamp on - and the top tube being to wide for the WeeRide bar to wrap around. Just...
  18. D

Giant Anthem/WeeRide

Any one running this combination? I've got a 26" Anthem X but having issues making it fit at the stem. Doing up the old MTB has failed so last try before plan c... buy a third bike!!! Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  19. D

VIC Wall mount bike hangers - SOLD

Hi, Where is pickup on these? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  20. D

VIC 26" wheels (v brake) and fork, brakes

G'day steve, Long time no speak. Yeah this is the option I'm looking at now. Will see what presents that I will just ride, or use for parts. It's mainly the wheels that I think will make the biggest difference. Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free