Search results

1. RainbowofDETH

157mm x 12mm hubs

Picked up an Aurum not long ago, and the wheelset is poo.. well not that bad, but at some stage I'm going to have to upgrade. I'm just finding it hard to find a great deal of hubs that are 157mm by 12mm. I'm not that all in tune with full sus bikes, as coming from just a hardtail dirt jumper...
  2. RainbowofDETH

Jumps around Launceston TAS

There's a few up in Trevallyn. A trail sort of has a few on it.. Best way to find it is start at the top carpark at the Gorge, then just walk up the trail. There's a firetrail to the right of it. Follow that to the powerlines, walk left for like 300ms, then the trail is on the left. It's...
  3. RainbowofDETH

DH goggles

I just got some Fox Airspc ones from the motorbike store. They're pretty sick and the lenses are bigger than my last pair (Thor Enemy). $100 though.. worth it in my opinion!
  4. RainbowofDETH

Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3, 100 mm fork stiffness?

Just a heads up, these forks are basically just there so you have somewhere to put your bars and front wheel. They don't really do much else..
  5. RainbowofDETH

strong, light, quality build

I'm pretty precise with my suspension set up. Like I'll fiddle around with it for ages until I'm completely happy. At the moment I'm not really happy with the rear shock. Feels like something is missing with it. But the Totems are sick! I can't really tell with the rear shock though because I'm...
  6. RainbowofDETH

Yeah well that's true. Everyone is different with their riding setups! You roll sooooo much faster at that pressure though. You just have no traction.. even less on street tyres. It's pretty good fun though. Keeps you on your toes!
  7. RainbowofDETH

I knew number three would arise sooner or later ;) I'm no Sam Hill, but I'm not a bloke that's only started to ride. If I wasn't going fast or rough, I'd just go in to Anaconda and buy one of their wheelsets. Hence why I want something to last a while.. I'm still pretty sure it's 18psi though...
  8. RainbowofDETH

Maybe if they sponsor me I'll be riding on them.. I just want some that last a while. I like wider rims though. They make the tyre just seem heaps fatter! and I don't have to true them as often from sideways landing.. so it's a win win for me really! I'm really surprised that no one else...
  9. RainbowofDETH

Hmm. Hopefully I've been a good boy this year and Santy Claus will bring me them. I really couldn't buy something that expensive for my bike. I'd probably just manage to break it first run anyway somehow.. :/ So I've also figured that no matter how light my wheelset is, I'm going to be...
  10. RainbowofDETH

Hahaha. Well the scales were $2 off of eBay ;) so I'm blaming China for that. I'd seemed a bit much! Well I always do it at different places. My pump is usually the main one, but it always feels the same. So it'd be around 18 at least
  11. RainbowofDETH

Good dj bikes

Build it through Chain Reaction Cycles buddy! Can easily build up a sick DJ for under $2000 on there.
  12. RainbowofDETH

Also I'm not sure if this is accurate. But I just weighed the maxxis tubes and the ones I'm usually run and well.. Maxxis was at 680grams. My normal ones were at 110grams. If it's actually right. I'm saving 1kg in tubes already...
  13. RainbowofDETH

Nah 18 or so psi feels good for me. I probably weigh from like 60-70kgs? It just seems to stick! Though if jumps are involved I usually ramp it up a few. But still never ever had an issue with it. I learnt to ride on a hardtail first, so I try and avoid anything that's going to kick me about...
  14. RainbowofDETH

Yeah I spotted that with the spokes. Which is a pain! I dunno if it's really worth it. Though I've never ever broken a spoke with any of my wheelsets anyway.
  15. RainbowofDETH

Oh yeah, the hopes I had were brand spanking new! I ran them on my dirt jumper and was occasionally riding around brakeless and I could still feel it. Yeah I've seem a few reviews of the Deemax's that are good and bad. Mainly good.. for their price, I'd sort of hope I never had an problems...
  16. RainbowofDETH

Here it is http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?272155-Transition-Bottlerocket&p=2748062#post2748062
  17. RainbowofDETH

Transition Bottlerocket

Frame - Bottlerocket V2 Rear shock - Fox DHX 5.0 coil Front shock/fork - Rockshox Totem coil Handlebars - Deity Dirty30's Stem - FSA bulky motherfucker! Headset - The pig onepointfive Grips - Nukeproof Saddle - SDG Scout Seatpost - Round and long Front brake - Shimano SLX Rear brake -...
  18. RainbowofDETH

I guess the fact that I have never ridden on them, and know no one personally that uses me just puts me off them. The tubes I have in my bike at the moment are those super thick Maxxis ones. The ones like motorbike tyres. I have ones that are heaps thinner, but aren't Kmart thin, and aren't...
  19. RainbowofDETH

Eh, I don't really want to do tubeless. Also the Hopes to Flows are all out of stock.. so no go there ;/ there's not much weight difference between the 729's and the Flow's. Like 150g. I can save that much weight by running my bearings dry! ;) not really, but I can save it in tubes easily. I...
  20. RainbowofDETH

What to use on a 135 x 10?

Go to your local nuts and bolts place and get a nut and bolt. It'll be stronger than ones that most bike company use/make and also a heap cheaper. I did this for a mate last week and it was $4