Search results

1. luke.b

Help out a fellow Rotorburner -free steak knives

Hi all, I'm in the final few subjects of my uni degree (Mechanical Engineering at Deakin), and need some help from my fellow 'burners with a market survey. It's 11 hard hitting questions regarding the use and popularity of neck braces, and should take less than 3 minutes. The project I've...
  2. luke.b

VIC Sold. Please delete.

Sold, please delete.
  3. luke.b

Weird PM from someone trying to sell stuff

Hi Mods, Just got a strange PM from someone offering me a "free bike light test". Seemed a little strange and kinda spammy. I haven't logged in for a while, so this might be a resolved issue. Did anyone else get the PM? I won't post who it was from on here, but pm me and I'll forward to you...
  4. luke.b

Is someone spamming the front page news?

As the title suggest, unless I have missed something, Rotorburn doesn't normally have links to bike reviews and 6 "news" stories in 2 days. What's going on there? Luke.
  5. luke.b

Luke's EXTEME gap year of EXTREME!

Hello all, I haven't really been on these forums lately, mainly due to me getting cranky in my older teen life. However, I come bearing news on a much lighter note. I've decided to have a gap year. But not any gap year, but an EXTREME gap year of EXTREME. And, basically I need your input as to...
  6. luke.b

Fires!

As some of you may know, there are countless fires burning in Victoria today. We know of 2 families that have already lost their homes. Fires are threatening Healsville, Yarra Glen, Coldstream, Beechworth, Diamond Creek, Churchhill, Noojee, Yack, and Kinglake has all but been lost...
  7. luke.b

More local coverage for mtb'ing

Found this little beauty in my local paper th Shire or Yarra Ranges Leader this week. Congrats to the Fat Tyre Fliers for getting more and more coverage and promotion of mountainbiking in Victoria.
  8. luke.b

New user profile page things??

Whats going on with these? When did they come about? How do I change them? Is there a thread already about this? I'm too blind to see it. Also, and more annoyingly, how do I block idiot users now? There's a few off topic whores that are getting on my nerves.
  9. luke.b

Lost Hoody at Mt Buller Vic Champs race

I sure did. Grey Bonds hoody. Was on the table where the gobril/curry/backhouse clan was situated. Anyone see it? Or grab it by chance. Nice little jumper that. Hope someone remembers it.
  10. luke.b

Bad bikeshop experience threads.

Aren't we all just sick of them? Heard one bad LBS story, you've heard them all right? Can we just delete all of them, or create one giant thread where people can share their storys, and not bother sorting or talking to the bikeshop themselves? And yes, this IS in response to the latest one.
  11. luke.b

Baw baw results up!!!

Thanks right all. Just spotted it on the vicdh website. Woody dominated, by almost a second. What a beast. go to http://www.vicdhseries.com/display_article.asp?articleID=464 to get them.
  12. luke.b

Dodgy Sellers

Is it just me, or are there certail people on this site selling things that seem very dodgy. By that I mean people with multiples of the same brand new item, in all sizes ranging from XS-XXL. For example the Clothing part, where brand new jerseys are being sold like this. There's been a few...
  13. luke.b

Unsubscribing from threads

Can it be done people? Looking for some help here. I like to check my subscribed threads, to see how many other people have talked shit after I did, but it's just getting crowded and hard to use now that I made the mistake of replying to anoying threads that just don't die. IE; The photo snob...
  14. luke.b

FOUND please dissapear

What: 32 hole rear hub. Either qr or 10mm bolt up, 135mm wide Price range/Willing to Pay: Depending on hub really. Location: Melbourne, willing to pay postage Extra Info: Doesn't have to be anything high end, just something that will go the miles.
  15. luke.b

Pimpest Aline Park??

You be the judge. Haven't ridden for 2 months now due to injuries. Bike got a bit of a makeover. New bars, tyres, rims. Should be pretty fun to roll around and pose on soon. Frame: Aline Park Edition Fork: 'Zocchi 888 (misssing an 8 though :p) Bounce capacitor: DHX 5 Gearings: Sram X9...
  16. luke.b

Eildon Pics......cos you haven't got enough already

Ended up with over 750 pics from the weekend. Got pretty much everyone on saturday, and a fair wack on Sunday too. Might post the numbers up if I can be bothered, but for now just a couple will do. Too many Eildon threads. Haha. Hope you all liked the cowbell action. Luke. Saturday night...
  17. luke.b

King Of Ballarat.....race #3 Photos

Hey all. Chances are I snapped a photo of you on the day, so give me your number, and race kit, and I'll post them up. Here's a few teasers. FireRider Grizly Down Little bit o' Lincon
  18. luke.b

Pump, pump it up!! (pump track and dirt quarter)

Yeh, was a bit of a sweet night session with the boys. I was on camera duty most of the time. Photos taken by whoever held the camera at the time, which was most of us at some point. Then Nick came back the next day coz he didn't get enough last time.
  19. luke.b

Avarters not working

Is it just me, or are the avarters not working? All i'm getting is a box that says "DH Maniac's avarter" but for everyone, not just me. Anyone else getting this?
  20. luke.b

Front page playing funny buggers

Like the title suggest, the left hand side buttons are just the words for me, no nice little text in the blue box like they used to be. Is it just me, or are other people getting this too. Also, the front page seems to have "widened" it used to auto fit in my screen, now it doesn't. Maybe it...