Search results

1. C

ACT SOLD 2012 Apollo Terra 20 26" dual suspension

Either that, or you need to have eaten your greens (vegetables, not politicians) when you were little.
  2. C

I left it off. Thanks heaps for the tip.
  3. C

Item: 2012 Apollo Terra 20 26" dual suspension. Size Large. 610mm TT. Location: North Canberra Item Condition: Used, in good nick. A couple of scratches/marks Reason for selling: Have other bikes now. Want $ to try BMX. (Don't want to swap for a BMX) Price and price conditions: $600 ono...
  4. C

Stromlo National Enduro Round

Cool photos. Thanks. Nice to have a memento of my first race.
  5. C

BMC 2014 trailfox

nope. tried to get one.
  6. C

Where can i buy Alpinstars Moab Kneepads??

Give this a try? http://www.cyclelink.com.au/prod2552.htm I have them and really like them.
  7. C

What bike for me?

i couldn't see where the OP lives, but there's a specialized test day at Stromlo tomorrow and Sunday. A chance to try different bikes in different sizes.
  8. C

full face trail helmet ??

I have 2 Specialized Deviants, both size small. One is a carbon one that's still new. I'll sell it to you if it'll fit. If that's any help. There was a size med one on ebay (in Oz) about a week ago that didn't sell. It may get relisted. Cheers.
  9. C

Service for mtb in Canberra

Cycle Surgery in Florey. A bit like monkey wrench in that it's mainly a workshop. The guy there, Simon, is great. He does good work and is always flat strap busy, which is a good sign.
  10. C

Bike washing stand

Hi guys, What do you use to keep your bike steady while you wash it? I'd prefer something that held a wheel, but open to suggestions. I had a quick search but didn't spot any old threads on this. Thanks!
  11. C

2x10 Advice requested

Yeah. I couldn't believe the price. I wasn't intending to go 10 speed, but I guess now I am. I'll save 700gm on the cranks and BB.
  12. C

2x10 Advice requested

sorry mate. It wasn't meant to be a tease. I bought a set (arrived today) and I checked at the time I posted and they were showing stock.
  13. C

2x10 Advice requested

Go to the pushys website and get Raceface carbon cranks for $170.
  14. C

Post your all mountain bike

I saw one of these in the flesh on Sunday being built up. The yellow and matte looks awesome. Maybe a bit premium for me though....
  15. C

Chainring compatability

Thanks to all for your advice. I tried it out and it's fine. Everything is running like a swiss...bike? No excuse for going easy on the climbs now! Cheers again. Nice to have a think tank to tap into.
  16. C

Chainring compatability

The equipment is all new (less than 1 year old) but I have no idea how old the design for the parts is.
  17. C

Chainring compatability

Hi All, I needed a new middle chainring for my 8 speed alivio crankset (I know, living the dream!) and the shop sent me a 9 speed one because they ran out of 8 speed ones (without checking with me first). Are they compatible? I understand that the 8 & 9 speed chainrings are the same width...
  18. C

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Replaced chain and cassette to try and stop chain jumping. Fail. Chainring now on order.
  19. C

2012 Apollo Terra 20 frame

Hey, sorry for the delay in replying. My family went +1 on Monday morning, and I've been a bit busy. I haven't encountered problems with the composite nature. I crash a lot, so having the chassis components that are closest to the ground or the direction of travel (downtube, chainstays) that...
  20. C

2012 Apollo Terra 20 frame

I agree. They're at the simple end of duallie chassis design. I bought a frame and fitted my stuff to it as a cheap upgrade to a dually from my *awesome* Trek 3500. I came out with no net change in weight, so I was happy with that. The Apollo Terra has some slightly odd design features...