Post your all mountain bike

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And it would be even more betterer if he lined up the tyre decals with the rim stickers properly.

It's sending my OCDs mental like that! :nerd:
Agree. Until I looked and the writing on the tyre is EXACTLY the same as rim!! If you match it up, it is the same top half of the font on both..:suspicious:

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Mavic All mountain rims and tyres
How much is a wheelset? I'm looking at slowly upgrading bits on my sight. What is the benefit of upgrading a wheelset? Slightly lighter?

If be coming from Alex TD 26 w/ Joytech Hubs.

Then the next question. Upgrade wheelset first or fork?

Ugh...

demodv8

Likes Dirt
How much is a wheelset? I'm looking at slowly upgrading bits on my sight. What is the benefit of upgrading a wheelset? Slightly lighter?

If be coming from Alex TD 26 w/ Joytech Hubs.

Then the next question. Upgrade wheelset first or fork?

Ugh...
$1400.00 start saving that's wheels and tyres

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
$1400.00 start saving that's wheels and tyres
I've heard there is a cheaper option of the same wheels for around the $700.Yellow Mavic wheelset w/tyres. Anyone know model they are or what the difference is between these and them?

Forks or wheelset first?

Last edited:

MTBloke

Likes Dirt
I've heard there is a cheaper option of the same wheels for around the $700.Yellow Mavic wheelset w/tyres. Anyone know model they are or what the difference is between these and them?

Forks or wheelset first?
Are the rims that bad or are the forks that bad? Its hard to say without details

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Are the rims that bad or are the forks that bad? Its hard to say without details
Neither. Both stock as a rock and what came on the bike.
Wheelset: Alex TD 26 w/Joytech Hubs
Or
Manitou Minute Expert 140mm forks

I like having a goal/figure to aim for. Haha. Can't decide what to aim for first :p

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
This question was inspired by a friend of mine, but why put a bash ring on a clutched 1x10 setup?! Also why 160mm rotors? These are genuine questions as I'm contemplating upgrading my Ibis Mojo
Bashings are for protection, not guide duties.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
This question was inspired by a friend of mine, but why put a bash ring on a clutched 1x10 setup?! Also why 160mm rotors? These are genuine questions as I'm contemplating upgrading my Ibis Mojo
I looks like that Intense is actually running a widget chainring which has bashring/guide built in. As mentioned, a bash guard is exactly as the name suggests, it's there to stop you ripping off teeth or bending links on that big log/rock.

Rotor size is user preference depending on how much braking force you feel that you need.
160mm F+R is often enough if you're a light rider and don't want an over powered front brake.
I prefer 140R 160F though modern post mounts force you to have a minimum 160R

Beej1

I looks like that Intense is actually running a widget chainring which has bashring/guide built in.
A Widgit on it's own is not a bashring. The guiderings are very thin and will bend pretty quickly if you smash them into anything at speed.

If you go to the Widgit website (www.widgit.com.au) you'll see they offer bashrings which are mounted outboard of their Widgit guiderings (but you can use any bashring really).

WillR

Likes Dirt
Here's my latest.

IMG_5909.JPG

Liteville 301 Mk11

Bos Deville 160 Trc
Syntace MX35
Ardent 2.4"
Syntace megaforce 2 50mm
Syntace 760 bars
foam grips
KS LEV 150
XT drivetrain, apart from
XTR trail brakes
XTR cranks with 44t machined into bash ring
Wolf tooth 32t
Syntace number 9 titan pedals
Tune speedneedle
Carbocage seatclamp
office works binder mudguard

13Kg flat with tubes

I love how it rides :)

Flint

Likes Dirt
Finally have AM bike to post in here :)

I only just finished it, and as such it will still needs some tweaking and replacing some parts that had laying around, the multicoloured spacers for example.

Frame: Santa Cruz Bronson Alloy, Medium
Stem: Nukeproof 50mm
Handlebar: Crank Brothers Iodine 3 AM risers, 720mm
Seat post: Giant Contact in stealth config
Saddle: Specialized
Chain ring: Raceface Narrow/Wide 32 tooth
Grips: Da Bomb, Holy Sh!t 2
Cassette: Shimano XT M771 10 Speed MTB Cassette
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Crankset: Shimano Zee
Pedals: Nukeproof Proton Flats
Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 10 speed
Front Brake: Shimano XT
Rear Brake: Shimano XT
Rear Shifter: Shimano Zee
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee
Fork: RockShox Pike, 150mm, 650B, 15mm axel
Headset: Cane Creek 10 / 40
Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin 650b X 2
Wheelset: Spank Oozy.

12.3kgs

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's my latest.

Liteville 301 Mk11

Bos Deville 160 Trc
Syntace MX35
Ardent 2.4"
Syntace megaforce 2 50mm
Syntace 760 bars
foam grips
KS LEV 150
XT drivetrain, apart from
XTR trail brakes
XTR cranks with 44t machined into bash ring
Wolf tooth 32t
Syntace number 9 titan pedals
Tune speedneedle
Carbocage seatclamp
office works binder mudguard

13Kg flat with tubes

I love how it rides :)
Looking good. Nice work on the bash ring. Do you have a more detailed pic?

Any reason you went for the clutch derailleur over the Syntace tensioner?

WillR

Likes Dirt
Love the office works binder mudguard.. Got a template ?
I used a friends Mucky Nutz one as a template, the binder folder plastic isn't very durable, so they don't last that long. I'm going to make one from a plastic milk bottle next and see how that goes. If you don't have access to one to use as a template, pm me and I can send you one.

Looking good. Nice work on the bash ring. Do you have a more detailed pic?

Any reason you went for the clutch derailleur over the Syntace tensioner?

I will get a better pic up later, (currently have broken tib/fib). If I had a multi front ring set up I would definitely use the SCS, it is a really tidy unit. I already had the clutch rear mech, and I wanted to make the build as simple as possible. I may still use the SCS again in the future.