Search results

1. S

Torn ligament in ankle

See a Sport physio I would recommend having a consulting session with a sports physio, they should be able to provide a management plan and some exercises to help your body compensate while your healing.
  2. S

Flat pedal technique advice

body position and pedal weighting +1 This was definitely true when I transitioned to flats, the first time I launched off the local downhill water bars my feet were miles off the pedals (super scary). being clipped in masked my terrible body position and technique. Take it easy and be...
  3. S

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Killer V900 Cannondale killer V900, bought new in 1993, now retired to turbo trainer duties
  4. S

My Knee Disaster

recovery from knee trauma I had a moto accident in late May when I partially dislocated my knee resulting in Gr3 MCL tear, ACL "disruption" & bone bruising. When I stood up after the accident my knee folded inwards so knee was very unstable. Recovery has been really slow and complicated as I...
  5. S

What should I buy?

What about 29ers? I wouldn't dismiss 29ers as a a great fit, there are plenty of longer travel big wheelers that can climb and still tackle the rougher trails. Obviously budget and brand preference will influence you choice but this would be my choice...
  6. S

World champs 2014

Gutted for Josh, he was killing it before the overjump. Silver lining is that he has the whole of of the off season to recover.
  7. S

Recovery from appendicitis

Chops you must be indestructible to have kept you appetite! After more research seems no fixed recovery period, seen reports of people exercising post- op after 1 week but others still layed up for 6 weeks. So 2 to 3 weeks before can ride again seems realistic for most cases if you rest...
  8. S

Recovery from appendicitis

Hi guys, had my appendix removed this morning, doctor said it could be 3 or 4 weeks before I feel strong enough to ride again. I ride xc style, usually 20 to 25 kms rides. This seems a depressingly long, can you share your experiences for recovery. Btw it was keyhole op Cheers John
  9. S

Frame Protection from shuttle love??

Helicopter Tape You can also buy "Helicopter tape", its similar to the Frameskin product but comes in strips of various lengths and widths and is cheaper (~$16 for a 2M strip). But you need to cut the pieces to the size and shape you need. Search google or ebay for where to buy. If your not...
  10. S

Chain reaction cycles

Excellent Service Placed an order on 4th December for my 29er build, everything turned up today - 10th December. Shipping was via DHL. Really happy with the service. BTW for CRC promo vouchers details check out this link...