Search results

1. hulsty

Post your all mountain bike

Here is mine after a ride at Buxton today, done a couple of small things to it. Most of the stickers etc are gone, new rotors and changed the brake hose and dropper routing to internal.
  2. hulsty

Trance pivot bearing problem

Gotta agree with that, couldnt get a freehub for my Trance for some ungodly reason, delivered from the UK within 5 days, easy.
  3. hulsty

[VIC] WTB Giant tracker freehub/parts

bump it up
  4. hulsty

[VIC] WTB Giant tracker freehub/parts

Item: Giant tracker freehub/parts Location: Willing to pay for post Item Condition: Damaged hub is ok, only really need one pawl out of the freehub Price and price conditions: Let me know Extra Info: Pictures:
  5. hulsty

What new parts, modifications or mechanical work did you do to your bike today?

My freehub was jamming up, pulled it apart to find one of the pawls had lost the tips, need to source replacements now, bugger.
  6. hulsty

New trails at Buxton

Stop rubbing it in, went on Tuesday, unload my bike, rolled 10m and the freehub jammed, game over. Still yet to ride Buxton.
  7. hulsty

Camelbak ?

Use denture cleaning tablets to clean away the plastic taste
  8. hulsty

I have no troubles, but I am far far away from being a rider that pushes them. When I go tubeless I plan to switch them around, I have had the front wash out a few times, still working on cornering technique.
  9. hulsty

Here is mine, picked it up about a week ago second hand, stepping up from a hardtail, enjoying it. Few little mods to tidy it up hit the trails.
  10. hulsty

Yarra Trails regulars

Went for a ride last night, saw a snake on the dam wall in westerfolds park
  11. hulsty

Online shopping tax

Last time I heard about this, it would cost more to implement and monitor than the revenue it would earn, so got shit canned.
  12. hulsty

Mark on trance frame, is it a Crack?! :O

Looks like just a crack in the clear coat paint
  13. hulsty

Bent Deore axle, causes?

The problem continues, fitted the solid bolt up axle, did the bearings similar to how I do cars but took a fair while. Tighten right up, spin, then back off. They ended up a little on the tight side and not that smooth, same as my other rear hub pretty much. Did a 6.5km ride and the freeplay...
  14. hulsty

What flat pedals should I look at?

I'm very happy with my saint's, about $60
  15. hulsty

Bent Deore axle, causes?

Thanks macca_1972, mine is a M525 too. PM sent blacksp20
  16. hulsty

Bent Deore axle, causes?

Thanks, I will replace the axle and QR and keep an eye on the bearings etc. Probably end up buying a whole spare hub, not much more $ than a QR and axle separatly and I will end up with all the spare internals too.
  17. hulsty

Bent Deore axle, causes?

Bit of a noob question, my bike has a Deore rear hub. After a recent ride there was heaps of movement in the bearings, pulled it down and found the QR skewer and axle bent. Is the most likely cause a hard landing? I'm about 120kg riding weight and dont really jump much, maybe 1/2' to 1' max but...
  18. hulsty

Advice on new fork for Hardtail

Only if you dont maintain them
  19. hulsty

Little Things You Hate

Yeah I understand the mode, it is just very frustrating, anyway found a shop on my way home from work that had Saint pedals on the shelf, $69 got them.