Little Things You Hate

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The smug smart arse attitude on here in recent months. There were once just a couple well known members guilty and it was funny now the place is full of copy cats and to be honest it's getting ridiculous.

moorey

call me Mia
The smug smart arse attitude on here in recent months. There were once just a couple well known members guilty and it was funny now the place is full of copy cats and to be honest it's getting ridiculous.
Name and shame...just remember there are 2 O's on moorey..

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
The LBS around here, I'm looking for some decent plat pedals that are nice and wide, plenty online, but I would rather check them out and buy at a shop. Been doing the ring around of various bike shops, all have just nylon stuff or $20 alloy ones but I can check out a catalouge and they will order in! If I have to do that i'll just order online and they will turn up at my front door.
The issue with small shops stocking decent flat pedals is they will sell very few. And without stocking a selection, those who come in to look for decent flat pedals will probably pass for a lack of options. I know it sounds stupid for a bike shop not to stock pedals, but I work in one of the largest and busiest bike shops in Sydney and we don't sell that many reasonable flat pedals - having $1000 (wholesale) worth of pedals sitting on the shelf just isn't a great business decision really.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I hate it when friends don't reply to texts as a way of saying no or avoiding an awkward situation. Trying to organise something in advance, then half an hour before the planned time a flurry of messages come through, "Sorry for the late reply", "can't make it", "we're doing something else." No shit, I got that message when you didn't reply for the first 4 days. Makes it worse when you later find out the reason they didn't respond was because they were all doing something else that you weren't invited to.

rotorub

Likes Dirt
I hate it when friends don't reply to texts as a way of saying no or avoiding an awkward situation. Trying to organise something in advance, then half an hour before the planned time a flurry of messages come through, "Sorry for the late reply", "can't make it", "we're doing something else." No shit,
I feel your pain my friends are always like this. So when they don't reply straight away I can almost 100% assume its a no!

My wifes friends are totaly opposite overly communicate. This kind behavior from my friends is very frustrating for my wife as she is not used to it. Espeically when she is trying to organise food in advance for an event!

No shit, I got that message when you didn't reply for the first 4 days. Makes it worse when you later find out the reason they didn't respond was because they were all doing something else that you weren't invited to.
My friends have done this to me but to all other mates in the group depending on the situation or event.
I say stuff em go do your own thing without em!

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Looking back at 2 1/2 weeks of holidays and a recent long weekend and wondering where all that time went . Why does time have to speed up through the best times :yell:

Finding a job you like, awesome people but having to leave for work at 5:30am and getting home at 4:30 to make $90...

hulsty

Likes Bikes
The issue with small shops stocking decent flat pedals is they will sell very few. And without stocking a selection, those who come in to look for decent flat pedals will probably pass for a lack of options. I know it sounds stupid for a bike shop not to stock pedals, but I work in one of the largest and busiest bike shops in Sydney and we don't sell that many reasonable flat pedals - having $1000 (wholesale) worth of pedals sitting on the shelf just isn't a great business decision really.
Yeah I understand the mode, it is just very frustrating, anyway found a shop on my way home from work that had Saint pedals on the shelf, $69 got them.

binner

Hath shat hymself
non stop

Neighbour's dog barking its ugly head off at stupidly late hours.:yell:
hahh, I just reported the ones behind me to council last night. 2 dogs, one is a yapper and one is a big bark all fucking nite from 6.30pm till about 9 and thats when I couldn't take it any more so I made the call.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I feel your pain my friends are always like this. So when they don't reply straight away I can almost 100% assume its a no!

My wifes friends are totaly opposite overly communicate. This kind behavior from my friends is very frustrating for my wife as she is not used to it. Espeically when she is trying to organise food in advance for an event!

My friends have done this to me but to all other mates in the group depending on the situation or event.
I say stuff em go do your own thing without em!
Yeah, exactly. I doesn't bother me that they don't come. It bothers me that they strategically time their reply so they obviously can't come, all the while thinking I don't know what they're doing. I would rather they be straight to the point and just give me a simple yes or no.

I've started going and doing things on my own. Its better than changing my plans to go hang out with people who didn't invite me to their thing in the first place. The worst thing is, my friends and I started going to the beach regularly a while ago. Now they've kind of hijacked the group and turned it into something to do with their church.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People putting #'s in Facebook statuses. Please keep that shit to Instagram people, you're making my newsfeed look like it has Tourettes!
YES!!!!! I've actually started deleting people who do it on facebook. Shits me to tears.

LTIH: The only game I care about this year is GTA V, IT was supposed to be released in April this year after being delayed many many times, it has been delayed AGAIN to September possibly December, WTF am I supposed to play until then?

0psi

Eats Squid
LTIH: The only game I care about this year is GTA V, IT was supposed to be released in April this year after being delayed many many times, it has been delayed AGAIN to September possibly December, WTF am I supposed to play until then?
Go ride your bike. . . .

0psi

Eats Squid
Stopping for a chat mid ride, taking your helmet off and discovering the straps are all cold and wet from your sweat. Gross.

When glasses at work shatter in your hand. We use tempered glass to ensure someone can't just shiv someone with a broken glass, but it means that they will, literally, explode in your hand if they have had too much stress put on them. Not only does a whole bunch of glass go everywhere, but you end up with a bunch of glass cuts in your hand, which sucks. It's bad enough having to clean up broken glasses but when you get a fistful of it, it's horrible. It's literally like grabbing a handful of broken glass and closing your hand around it.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Having a rival firm trying to entice me across. They are throwing just about everything bar the kitchen sink at me, to get me to sign the contract.

Problem is their reputation isn't that great and I may be doing my career harm by joining them.

On the flip side, they recently sacked the entire management board and have started from scratch, trying to rebuild their reputation. If I move and it goes downhill and their efforts to rebrand don't work, massive fail. If it works then good times all round.

Why can't shit like this be simple?
Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Said firm shut up shop a few months ago. Seems like they had underlying issues which were around before I was talking to them.

Now in talks with another tier 1 consultancy.