Search results

1. A

What to do with old mountain bikes or parts

I'm after realistic suggestions for what to do with some old mountain bikes and parts that are no longer required. An example of the sort of thing I'm talking about is an 11 year old downhill bike with what was quite a good spec in it's day but quite past it today (geometry, weight, suspension...
  2. A

SOLD DHX air 7.875 x 2.25

Item: Fox DHX Air 5.0 Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Excellent, very little use. Reason for selling: Reservoir doesn't fit with frame :( and I only found this out after purchase. Price and price conditions: $280 posted. Extra Info: 7.875" (200mm) eye-to-eye, 2.25" (57mm) stroke. Will...
  3. A

The effect of a crash on a helmet

Last weekend I had the sort of crash that requires a helmet to be replaced. You can read about it here. The state of my helmet afterwards in interesting. I've crashed head-first in an XC helmet a number of years ago and the helmet shattered completely. In that crash the ground fell away in...
  4. A

Head injuries and riding on your own

Last Saturday I was out riding with my wife at a local XC loop and had what I gather was a pretty small crash. I say I gather because whilst I don't have too much in the way of physical injuries from it but I did hit my head and as a result when my wife arrived on the scene about 15 seconds...
  5. A

Ironhorse x2 Rampage P3 Enduro Balfa Giant Standish *warning: many pics

After a few years slowly "upgrading" frames / parts etc I'm finally happy with the collection that my wife and I have (with a few parts exceptions). We each have a DH bike, a hardtail, a long-travel "trail" bike (downhillers version on an XC bike :p) and a commuter. Here they are at rest...
  6. A

FOUND Adjustable travel air fork

What: Adjustable travel air fork around 4-6 inches. Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to $700 - perhaps more for the right fork. Location: Adelaide. Will pay shipping if necessary. Extra Info: 20mm axle, air spring only. Something like a Pike dual air U-Turn, Fox 36 TALAS. Contact me via PM.
  7. A

Should female riders be treated differently to male riders?

Another thread I posted has sparked some interesting discussion about whether we should treat females who ride any differently than males who ride. I figured it was a topic worthy of a separate discussion. We all acknowledge that at an average event, or even an average weekend on the trails...
  8. A

SOLD Craftworks DHR 208 frame + bits

Item: Craftworks DHR208 frame Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Perfectly functional, but only fair cosmetically. All sorts of stone chips in the fairly thin paint. Reason for selling: New frame Price and price conditions: $400 for frame, $750 for everything below. Extra Info: I bought...
  9. A

How to discourage other riders

I've thought long and hard about whether to post this or not, but I was so disappointed to see this happen that I felt I should say something. I'm not saying this to shame the person involved, but in an attempt to prevent it happening again to someone, somewhere... Many SA riders would know...
  10. A

Sold - Marz 05 Z1FR2 150mm $450 *price drop 31/5

Item: Marzocchi 05 Z1FR2 150mm travel 20mm thru-axle Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Excellent. Reason for selling: Upgraded, too many forks without frames, no use for this one any more. Price and price conditions: $450. Extra Info: 214mm steerer. Currently running 7.5wt, will replace...
  11. A

Fair price on an older bike?

My wife has a shiny new DH bike and is wondering what to do with her old one. An acquaintance has expressed interest in buying it from her. The only trouble is, we have no idea what a reasonable price for such a bike is. Major specs: '99 Mongoose NX 9.7 - 7 inches rear travel. Seatstay...
  12. A

Boxxer Rebound rod - 03/04

What: Well it appears that the rebound adjustment on my Boxxer Team is not in the best shape, so I'm after a replacement rebound rod including the topout stop. Price range/Willing to Pay: What the market laws of supply and demand dictate. I have had a new one priced at $147. Location...
  13. A

Broken Boxxer rebound

I've got a set of 04 Boxxer Teams which has a problem with the rebound damper rod. The adjuster won't turn, and the plastic (yes, plastic, and flimsy at that) part that takes all the load at topout has cracked. Now, according to the spare parts catalog these parts aren't available...