Search results

1. D

First ride in 12 months

So went for my first ride in 12 months on Friday. I'm still a newb as I had only really done about 12-15 rides prior to stopping 12 months ago. We set out to do manly dam and the new tracks that just opened as well. Fox puppet was the tour guide and bro I inlaw was over from NZ. Within 10mins...
  2. D

Fox rp23 leaking

Just noticed the other day that overnight there was a puddle of oil under the bike. Upon further inspection I found it leaking out around the red dial area at the top of the shock. I spoke to a couple of people and I was told it needs to sent back to fox to be fixed. Any idea of the cost...
  3. D

Is my chain too long?

Hey all, I was wondering if my chain was too long. I didn't have the old chain too copy the length. To get the length of the new chain I compressed the suspension and laid the from big to big and added 2 links. This seems to be okay until you shift to small small rings then the chain hits...
  4. D

Help a newbie choose some tyres please

Hi guys, I currently have Foxpuppets old stumpjumper http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?249032-2011-Specialized-Stumpjumper-FSR-Comp&highlight=stumpjumper+foxpuppet sitting in the garage minus a few bits and bobs that migrated to his new s-works. One of the minuses is tyres...
  5. D

Keeping feet on pedals when jumping/going over drop offs ? How?

Can anyone give me some advice on this subject. I have flat pedals with pins and wear DC skate shoes. I've only been riding for a few months and seem to be okay keeping my feet planted on downhill sections etc ( only recently) but when doing jumps and going off drop offs I find in the bike...
  6. D

Hamstrings and calves as tight as a bow string !

Hi guys just wondering if anyone else has or had hamstrings and calves so tight they could be used to shoot a arrow? Well thats me Ive never been able to lean forward past my knees. This gives me all sorts of grief in my lower back as well. Ive been given many types of stretches etc to do...
  7. D

Question New chain = new cassette? Why

I just dropped my bike off to the LBS for a service. New bike to me so I thought it would be a good idea for a once over. They said the chain was a bit on the stretched side and would need replacing very soon, and when you replace the chain you replace the rear cassette. I come from a...
Back