Search results

1. M

What flats and shoes to get

Thanks again guys....pushy's yeah but nah, teva out of stock, dunno why they do that. Appreciate advice re buyng from oz but am pretty sold on the poodles advice and would hate to mess with that vibe (also helps bit cheaper). Can't find the spitfires anywhere but chainies. Will stick with plan A...
  2. M

Many thanks guys....gives me plenty to go on. A couple of months away from riding but what better way to spend sitting on arse time than buying bike stuff online...Reckon I'll go for the fire eye pedals and five ten spitfires. Fits the budget and when funds start heading back in right direction...
  3. M

Having ridden with SPD clipless for however many years I need to change to flats. 2 weeks ago had a front wheel slide out resulting in busted ankle as foot got stuck in pedal. I'd appreciate any advice about best shoes and flats to get as have no experience with them. I ride mainly XC/AM...
  4. M

Ankle brace/stabilizer, what's the best?

As a physio, I reckon these type are the go (I got no affiliation with them): https://www.pattersonmedical.com.au/Product/info/OPC-264035 Basically need something with medial and lateral struts/support and can easily fit in your shoe. Most big chemists stock them. Also agree that...
  5. M

Wrist injury - Can anyone recommend a wrist brace/support, or a good taping method?

Is generally one of things that not much can help with except giving it time unfortunately. Don't think non-rigid braces will help much and rigid one are a PITA for riding. Best bet probably get some rigid sports tape 25 or 38mm (rock tape a waste of time). Put wrist in some radial deviation...