Search results

1. L

What's all this about then....EDIT: new enduro, Woohoo!!

Do a few hops and stuff, see how plush it feels...make sure you change the gears around a bit to ensure it's set up properly...test the barkes (without going over the bars!) and listen for any brake rub while cornering etc. You are pretty limited with a car park ride but it's better than nothing.
  2. L

VIC WTB: All found, thanks!

I have a set of Crank Brothers XC riser bars I could let go for $20. Near new...went for a wider set with more rise. Think they are Cobalt 3's from memory...let me know if you are interested and I will check the width and rise...but they are certainly no ape hangers. LG.
  3. L

Need Help

I recently moved from a 29er to a 27.5 and found the move beneficial. The 27.5 has a lot of the benefits of the 29er, but feels more agile underneath me if that makes sense. My 2 cents.
  4. L

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I have one of these...not exactly budget, but useful for varying sizes.... I have carried everything from 29ers, my 27.5 Trance, my daughters 24, and my wifes 650B. Easy to put on and take off. http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7CATN04A/title/torpedo7-towball-mount-4-bike-channel-rack
  5. L

Mt buller

Giddy up...can't wait!
  6. L

Back on the bike. Hawkesbury, NSW.

Hey mate, welcome back to the sport! Good to hear your back is on the mend. LG.
  7. L

Hey from Melb!

My heart is huge...like the rest of me!
  8. L

Hey from Melb!

If you rode past me it must have been uphill...on concrete...cause you ride like a bitch with a skinned knee.
  9. L

Hello from California!! Newbie to the forum.

Great to hear...44 years young here, so plenty of riding to do to catch up!
  10. L

Race Face...XT...Cane Creek Headset...RS SID Fork...wish I had access to your leftover parts bin!
  11. L

Help to improve my riding

A girl called Patrice taught me how to ride humps!
  12. L

Sorry....need to work harder to earn more money to buy bikes and pay for holidays!
  13. L

Ahh, SoCal...such a great spot...can't wait to get back, need to save my money and stop buying bikes!
  14. L

Welcome...wher in Cali are you from? I have been over there once, but spent most of my time in Anaheim and LA.
  15. L

Hello from Melbourne

Hey man, welcome to OZ (and Rotorburn).
  16. L

hi from hoppers crossing

+1 for the You Yangs...great mix of trails. Welcome to the sport!
  17. L

The Photo Snob Thread

Amazing shot man....awesome.
  18. L

VIC Found

I have a complete Specialized FSR Elite with a Fox coilover and Marzocchi Bomber forks fitted...everything else nicely specced. Old, but in great condition.
  19. L

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I have a Torp 7 4 bike rack, and it works really well for all wheel sizes, is easy to mount, and the bikes are secured very easily. Very happy with it, and no risk of frames scratches etc.
  20. L

I'm back on

Welcome...back...I guess. ;)