Search results

1. R

ay-up batteries... problems?

hello rotorburnians. I've got a set of ayups that i've had for probly just over a year now, and i have an issue with one of my 3 hour batteries - it's only lasting around 20 minutes. this battery has not seen alot of use, approx once a month, and has not been stored while flat. has anyone else...
  2. R

Canfield.

Anyone in OZ out there riding a Canfield Sauce? and can convince me that it's a worthy upgrade over an '09 Reign. when a brand new frame with RP23 can be had for $1350usd POSTED direct? even including taxes that would mean a new frame&shock, landed in OZ for around $1700.... my impulse buy...
  3. R

found

Item: Stem - 80-90mm reach. to suit 25.4mm bars. with minimal or no rise. Location: within australia Item Condition: good or better Price and price conditions: <$40 posted to perth Pictures: depends if i trust you..
  4. R

geo: race vs. endurance

how much difference if there between roadies with 'race' geo compared to 'endurance' geo. i'm guessing its obvious that race geo will have slightly steeper angles, but does it make that much difference to the ride? for mostly commuting duties and the occasional weekender, i would be guessing...
  5. R

Sold

Item: Avanti K.I.S.S. (large, red & white) only built 3 days ago. NOS frame with all new parts Location: Perth Item Condition: basically new! only the tyres were used. Reason for selling: The reality is, I've just separated from my mrs and i could never afford to build it, but i did, now i'm...
  6. R

change travel - rockshox recon

Hey lads, again i'm asking for favours here, can anyone explain to me, or point me in the direction to get info of changing the travel on some 2008 rockshox recon 351 solor air forks. hoping to drop them from 130mm to 100mm. Thanks, Ray
  7. R

32t chainring. not ramped/pinned

Item: 32 tooth chainring, non ramped/pinned, 4 bolt Location: perth, will buy from anywhere Item Condition: as close to new as possible Price and price conditions: cheap as possible? under $30
  8. R

new shock...?

i know this is wrong and i should (and do) support my local shops, but anyone looking for a fox rp23, this really is a great deal.. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=43556 i'm happy to delete if people think this is out of line...
  9. R

weeride compatability?

hey guys n gals. would anyone out the happen to know if a weeride child seat will work with an 09 giant reign. im super keen to get one for my little girl but im wondering if having an intergrated headset will not leave enough room on the headtube for the bar. thanks Ray
  10. R

West Oz guys, what tyres are your running?

as the title states, i'm interested in trying out a few new tyres. looking for opinions and feedback from west oz guys and our pea gravel infested trails. i've been running 2.35 nevegals for some time now, but looking to try something out that rolls a little better. based on a 5" full sus bike...
  11. R

Fox RP2 'squish/grind' at start of stroke

Hey, i have a Fox RP2 on an 09 giant reign, which after only 4hrs or so riding time on the bike, has developed a notchy feel, and a strange noise in the first 5-10mm of stroke, after that it goes away. And something doesnt feel right in that first part of the stroke either. The sounds is like -...
  12. R

WA sold

Item: 2009 Giant Defy 1 Location: Perth - local buyers only for now please. Item Condition: EXCELLENT - AS NEW Reason for selling: no time to use Price and price conditions: $1000 firm. no offers (rrp $1799). Extra Info: Medium. grey/white/black colour scheme. bar tape has been changed to...
  13. R

Chainrings. 36t+26t

Item: Chainrings, a 36t and a 26t. must be ramped. Location: perth, will pay postage Item Condition: prefer new. Price and price conditions: show me what you got Extra Info: will take just a ramped 36t if thats all you got. Pictures: depends if i trust you
  14. R

ISIS BB. 113mmx68mm

Item: ISIS bottom bracket. 133mmx68mm Location: Perth Item Condition: MUST be in GOOD condition or new. Price and price conditions: the cheaper the better Extra Info: please dont try and sell me you flogged out bb. i wil get mad. hopefully someone will have one after swapping to outboard...
  15. R

sold

Item: FOX Strafer DH shorts. Black&White. Size 38 Location: Perth Item Condition: lightly used but great. NO rips tears or scrapes whatsoever Reason for selling: dont ride DH aymore, too heavy for XC. Price and price conditions: $50 posted anywhere in OZ Extra Info: these retailed for...
  16. R

Vuelta wheels...?

anyone had first hand experience with vuelta wheels? in particular the corsa starlite wheelset? would they be a worthy upgrade over my flexy shimano wh-r500's? http://velogear.com.au/products/Vuelta_Corsa_Starlite_Wheels-466-117.html Ray
  17. R

Sold

Item: 661 core saver, uper body armour Location: Perth Item Condition: as new, tags were removed and armour was tried on, never worn riding. hasnt left the house. Reason for selling: no DH bike. Only riding trails now. no need for it. Price and price conditions: $100 posted anywhere in OZ...
  18. R

29er options please.

to all the 29er camp out there, i want to join. BUT.... my requirements are, i want a steel frame, geared bike, with squishy front end. IS there anything available COMPLETE that isnt outrageously expensive (preferable under $2k) or will i have to build it? i know there will be alot of...
  19. R

sold

Item: Sram attack RH 9 speed shifter Location: Perth Item Condition: great. no cable Reason for selling: dont use Price and price conditions: $25 posted anywhere in oz. no offers Extra Info: sram style shifter that works with shimano mech! Pictures: yes
  20. R

giant {literally} headset topcap

does anyone know where/how/why.if i can get a headset topcap spacer to replace the hideously large carbon thing that comes stock giants 08/09 range (reign/trancex ect..) Daver i think i remember seeing you changed one on an 08 reign? or did you change the complete headset? cheers Ray