Search results

1. L

Meta AM. AKA, DH1 for president.

Looking forward to seeing pics as I love the look of the commencal's. Kudos to you Moorey for bringing something like this in to realilty for a few kids; a worthy cause! And kudos to DH1 for the damn generous offer!
  2. L

NSW Unsanctioned Trail Work in the RNP

I generally ride Loftus once a month and it has been great to see all the new trails popping up over the last 1.5 years. But I agree with you; too many and the mtb community will have a lot less!
  3. L

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Thanks for sharing. Bit hard to hear through my iPad, but it certainly seems, as you mentioned, to lose a little of that 'epic' beetle sound. Being a rear mounted engine that is air cooled, do they suffer from over heating in an Aussie summer?
  4. L

Now we're talking! Raw power ;) I believe beetles used to roll a lot if hooking into corners too eagerly? My dad used to say they would call them 'hitlers revenge'... Yeah can't say I'm a massive fan of that bubble and fart sound or however you could describe it. By East west engine do you...
  5. L

Little Things You Hate

LTIH: resigning from current job, which you've done expectionally well at, and being treated like you were married to them.
  6. L

Yeah was assuming the weight would be under a tonne. Yeah I know it's no muscle car, but thought they'd have a little more oomph, you know to take the shopping home or make it up the ramp to a carpark. I'm intrigued, that engine is a typical beetle engine right? So it will sound like that...
  7. L

I'm no car buff, but how would 36hp get that thing moving? Seriously you'd have a bitch of time driving it right? My 125cc 2 stroke motorbike had similar power to that!
  8. L

Banshee Spitfire - The trail eating lesbian ninja

Eh nice vid. Just didn't know which screen to watch; bit dizzy. I didn't read the info you included in the post and was gonna ask if old mate in the left screen was using a gimbal. I reckon it makes a huge difference! Berms look epic and no more rock garden slop! Can you provide a link to...
  9. L

No Email Notifications again?

Yeah I received two pm's today, which is rare for me as I'm not a frequent user, but didn't receive email notifications which I have done before.
  10. L

Found. S/M trail bike

Would a small 2013 giant reign frame with oem shock + wheel set and fox 32 150mm fit your brief? Pm if interested, as I don't check rb too often.
  11. L

It begins ...Chilcotin is a wild place

It's like reading Tim Winton. Great. Was looking forward to a ride report.... Till next time. Hope you heal alright!
  12. L

Guitarists

For Bb I barre with my fore finger and then pick up the rest of the chord with my ring finger, slightly releasing it to open up the top E string... I had trouble trying to answer your question around reading tabs and knowing which finger shape to use. I'll try and answer it in my laments...
  13. L

Post your all mountain bike

Say what! Oooo la la. Ha, now that's a sweet bike! Too good for the bay run! Yes yes, let's do ourimbah. I haven't taken the knolly there yet and keen to give it a rap. Next few weekends are looking jammed, but shall I pm you when I intend to head up?
  14. L

Post your all mountain bike

Here is my current build: Sorry for low res pic. Knolly Chilcotin in team orange. Pikes up front, ccdb air cs rear. Mavic en821 on hope pro evo 2. Xt brakes and drive, slx cranks Ks lev seat post Solid as, really loves the rough stuff as is pretty good at pedalling too. It's a no...
  15. L

JJJ 40 Years of music

I was like, "wtf is j.j.j?' Ahhh music, triple j, of course. Didn't even know this was on! Been listening to a lot of podcasts lately. Alice in chains at the enmore theatre last year blew my balls off! But not before their warm-up act, Down, left the crowd whimpering!!!
  16. L

Ride pics

Sweet shot! Nice amount of air too. Thanks for sharing.
  17. L

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Gonna agree with you and say the angle was a bit too low, was always trying to look up through my screen to see the trail ahead on you vid. I've had my gopro attached to the side of my helmet; can typically see trail ahead + rider, side of helmet for perspective and handlebars... I'm sure...
  18. L

AM Giant Trance Adv 2 2015

Try greasing it up on all the contact points where the two halves meet each other and the bar, and then finally all the bolts. Don't be shy, and wipe away excess. Oh and use the recommended torque on the bolts.
  19. L

AM Giant Trance Adv 2 2015

Looks mint! Good job. Have you noticed in creaking from your duo stem? I'm in a love hate with mine. Looks the biz, light etc. but I gotta grease it up heaps to make sure it doesn't creak, a little annoying...
  20. L

Giant Trance 2

Ha fair enough, they do looked shagged compared to the rest of your bike... rckon you've done some sensible mods. Although have you considered a longer travel dropper post? An extra 25-50mm in travel would really get that seat out of the way... Like your tyre choice; I'm currently running...