Post your all mountain bike

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yeah, right. Bahahahaha. .... bahahahaha
Haha I had a similar thought to nstreet about my Spitty.

Oh yeah once it's done I don't need anything bike related for another few years, unless there's some total game changing geometry tweaks or suspension performance, there's really no need.

Then I'm like, oh wait.

Tyres, sealant, bearings, general maintenance and suspension servicing, chains, cassettes, chain rings, brake pads, worn grips, broken parts if I crash badly...

Damn money pits, I tell ya! :kev:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
haha you've never raced cars or motorbikes have you???? MTB is cheap fun!
Now your talking big $$$$.
Comparing past life hobbies is the only way that the minister for finance doesn't complain about buying mtb shit.

A race weekend used to cost into the $$$$'s when all was said and done.

$500 on a set of cranks now seems cheap somehow.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Now your talking big $$$$.
Comparing past life hobbies is the only way that the minister for finance doesn't complain about buying mtb shit.

A race weekend used to cost into the $$$$'s when all was said and done.

$500 on a set of cranks now seems cheap somehow.
+1.

Here's an ex-toy that makes our mtb thing seem positively frugal...

And I built this bike to try to save money... I was putting a new set of tyres (over $500) on my road bikes for every track day, plus entry, plus fuel... slicks feel much better, last way longer and are cheaper.

So, yeah, mtb is good.

Attachments

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
+1.

Here's an ex-toy that makes our mtb thing seem positively frugal...

And I built this bike to try to save money... I was putting a new set of tyres (over $500) on my road bikes for every track day, plus entry, plus fuel... slicks feel much better, last way longer and are cheaper.

So, yeah, mtb is good.
I would love another race/track bike but room and garage space just don't allow it.
Here's my setup I ran back in 2010/2011 for 2 seasons.
Bridgestone Control tyres had the prices at close to the $500 a pair mark, plus a set of wets on spare rims,spare parts, entry fees+race fuel+repair bills and rebuild costs,...... Things can get out of hand.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434342940.145484.jpg

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I would love another race/track bike but room and garage space just don't allow it.
JTmofo… nice form

Knee down going over Lukey is my idea of bliss, and like you, I’d like a race/track bike in the shed… and I did for many years… but the time/money/travel/effort is very significant, and although my wife is/was very supportive, it simply puts the whole family out too much, too often… whereas with mtb, my wife is almost as obsessed with mtb riding as I am, so it only puts our kids out… and they are teens/twenty somethings, so c'est la vie.

Plus, I’d rather hang out in the bush than the pits, and see roos and wallabies than scrutineers, and I like the constant variation of mtb (particularly AM) versus the same racetracks over and over again, and I’d rather the relative silence (ish) of mtb than a screaming superbike (Ducati’s being the exception) and my aerobic fitness is way up, and the get offs are at a lower speed (have still broken bones though) … that's a lot of ands, and here's another... and weirdly I’d rather work on a mountain bike than a motorcycle… everything is so cute and finely detailed, you can get it up nice and high to work on, no fluids to dump and stuff just works… with a better carbon footprint too.

I’ve still got a few vintage motorcycles, as it is necessary… but if I can only fit one ride in on any given day… I’ll take the mountain bike.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
JTmofo… nice form

Knee down going over Lukey is my idea of bliss, and like you, I’d like a race/track bike in the shed… and I did for many years… but the time/money/travel/effort is very significant, and although my wife is/was very supportive, it simply puts the whole family out too much, too often… whereas with mtb, my wife is almost as obsessed with mtb riding as I am, so it only puts our kids out… and they are teens/twenty somethings, so c'est la vie.

Plus, I’d rather hang out in the bush than the pits, and see roos and wallabies than scrutineers, and I like the constant variation of mtb (particularly AM) versus the same racetracks over and over again, and I’d rather the relative silence (ish) of mtb than a screaming superbike (Ducati’s being the exception) and my aerobic fitness is way up, and the get offs are at a lower speed (have still broken bones though) … that's a lot of ands, and here's another... and weirdly I’d rather work on a mountain bike than a motorcycle… everything is so cute and finely detailed, you can get it up nice and high to work on, no fluids to dump and stuff just works… with a better carbon footprint too.

I’ve still got few vintage motorcycles, as it is necessary… but if I can only fit one ride in on any given day… I’ll take the mountain bike.
Mountain bike, a love story.

Gets ya right in the feels :thumb:

Markee

Likes Dirt
JTmofo… nice form

I’ve still got few vintage motorcycles, as it is necessary… but if I can only fit one ride in on any given day… I’ll take the mountain bike.
I hear ya mate, I hear ya.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Here is my current build:

Sorry for low res pic.

Knolly Chilcotin in team orange.
Pikes up front, ccdb air cs rear.
Mavic en821 on hope pro evo 2.
Xt brakes and drive, slx cranks
Ks lev seat post

Solid as, really loves the rough stuff as is pretty good at pedalling too. It's a no fuss, no bullshit, do it all rig.

Attachments

Last edited:

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
Luco, we need to hit up Ourimbah like we said last time we rode :p Sweeeet rig dude.

Current new toy:

I swapped out the gear cables to colour coordinate them, and am going to order a KMC blue chain to finish it off. Also foam grips, cos I hate moto style ones.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Luco, we need to hit up Ourimbah like we said last time we rode :p Sweeeet rig dude.

Current new toy:

I swapped out the gear cables to colour coordinate them, and am going to order a KMC blue chain to finish it off. Also foam grips, cos I hate moto style ones.
Say what! Oooo la la.

Ha, now that's a sweet bike! Too good for the bay run!

Yes yes, let's do ourimbah. I haven't taken the knolly there yet and keen to give it a rap.

Next few weekends are looking jammed, but shall I pm you when I intend to head up?