Search results

1. AussieBen

Broken clavicle, can i ride again?

Same question I asked they same question 3 months ago when I broke mine. Riding in 8 weeks, full mental recovery in 12 weeks. Get your arse to credible physio with some bone qualifications asap. You'll be good as gold in no time...unless you did ligament damage...then it could be a frog...
  2. AussieBen

Glenrock

What's your riding style?
  3. AussieBen

bleeding and burping what is the difference

Just burp them. Youtube it, it's darn so easy and will fix you problem no sweat. Once you do a burp (took me 30mins to learn) then you probably be confident enough to bleed the next time. Honestly, burp is easier and probably just as effective. How much dirt could possible get into a "oil...
  4. AussieBen

What are you listening to NOW?

It's humming around the "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" key. Fairly deep drone too. I should record it and share, as I want to impress everyone with my taste in heater hum. :second:
  5. AussieBen

What are you listening to NOW?

Electric heater
  6. AussieBen

Homelessness

Got a Go Pro and a full face helmet? Jeez, even throw a bike in the mix...the possibilities are endless, let your imagination run wild.
  7. AussieBen

Food/Diet Which protein product?

I don't use protein shams...I mean shakes. Like someone said already, you can get plenty of protein from chickens & fish. They can shake with the best of them, specially fish...but more of a flop than a shake Also, as Scooby's golden rule, "don't drink your calories!" :hand...
  8. AussieBen

HYDRATION/BACKPACK MEGATHREAD - all questions on packs for riding asked/answered here

Hi all I had the Red Dakine Drafter delivered today. Fit's the bill peeeeeeeeeeeerfectly. I am amazed at the qualify too. Fits my full face no wobble, OR fits XC helmet no wobble Straps knee & elbow pads no sweat Had breathable mesh that sits of the back The back has hard plastic, so would...
  9. AussieBen

Ourimbah Club ride day 13th July

Jf Good to meet today. Certainly enjoyed the shuttles. Let's do it again soon.
  10. AussieBen

Ourimbah Club ride day 13th July

Sweet. Apart from club membership what does one need to bring to catch a ride up? Money? Is a full face necessary?
  11. AussieBen

Ourimbah AM "section disection"

For anyone keen, there will be myself and one other, meeting at 7AM at upper car park.
  12. AussieBen

Core Exercises - Personal Trainer Recommendations?

If your disciplined and you want to save money, time and effort: Calisthenics is your friend: www.youareyourowngym.com More: CHEST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkjynlGV5PI&list=PLFvprwLvYbBuSBIR3uVuHkza2KC8gOjcg&index=15 BICEPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnN8ksvVRIQ SHOULDERS...
  13. AussieBen

NSW/ACT RedAss Downhill

OMFG! I need a bigger bike!
  14. AussieBen

Insurance claim denied: their word against mine

Time vs value of money. Is it worth the hassle? Is it worth your time? If not take it.
  15. AussieBen

Ourimbah AM "section disection"

Hey peeps If anyone is keen to dissect the AM/GE sections at Ourimbah early Sunday morning welcome to come along. Starting at the very top and working the way down without shuttles (unless someone brings there magic carpet) so yes there will be some walking/climbing and yes it will be cold and...
  16. AussieBen

Dirt Jumping and DH Berm Slaying with Troy Brosnan, Connor Fearon, and Andrew Crimmin

Technique So at 2.25m where the DH lads are hitting those berms I am curious about the technique that sees the wheel drift. Looks like they purposely commit to drifting/sliding/ the rear tyre as they know the berm will support it and then correct the bike a moment afterwards. But what I...
  17. AussieBen

Ourimbah Club Gravity Enduro 6th July - Round 3

Can anyone post their strava result so I can check the ge trail lines please? Jealous I couldn't make it.
  18. AussieBen

3 days in Whistler - what to do????

Now that's just not fair.