Search results

1. N

Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

Argh, bloody phone. I didn't need the same pic 3 times
  2. N

Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

Just acquired this baby. Not too keen on the bar tape but otherwise very happy with the machine itself. Just need to get some new tape, and replace the rocket rons for some marathon plus' and it'll be all set for commuting.
  3. N

Cyclocross v roadie

My 2 cents also. I had been trying to decide for the past couple of months. My main use for the bike is to commute (35kms) on a mix of surfaces, road through traffic, dirt and offroad sections to avoid some traffic. I had been doing it on my HT 29er which was painfully slow on the uphill...
  4. N

How many pushy's ya got?

Define 'bike'... I'm going with 'pedal powered cycling machine'. 1. Leggera Carbon Race TT 2. Giant XTC1 29er 3. Greenspeed GT3 Recumbent Trike (Don't judge ) In the process of selling the trike to use the funds for a CX commuter/trainer/do whatever the f□€< I want ride. I'm down to either the...
  5. N

Post your Roadie

Just for you [emoji474] I considered a photo of them on, but they're scary enough as they are [emoji15]
  6. N

Post your Roadie

Thought I'd jump in with my race machine. Has taken me through a couple of 70.3's in Port Mac. Needs a new saddle and a bit of a clean, and the 'zipps' are just cheapies with stickers, but she's good enough for me.
  7. N

Hardtail or Dually

I've only ever ridden HT. I have found plenty of enjoyment out of it and enjoy the challenges of having to learn to be 'soft' over rough terrain. However, having never ridden a dually, I don't know what I'm missing out on. I often ride with a mate who has started riding a dually and on faster...
  8. N

Post your 29er!

Yeah, I have found them to be nice and grippy, and they also seem to be pretty giving, which makes for a nice and smooth ride. I'm not too fussed about speed though. I'm just out and about for the enjoyment :Banane42:
  9. N

Post your 29er!

Just a basic 29er HT. 2011 Giant XTC1. She's done alright. Found some 'whitewall' (tanwall) tyres to put on. Just Ardents, but they're tons better than the Aspen's she had on from the shop. Have recently replaced the chain and rear cassette as well as putting on a new 2x crank with new BB. All...
  10. N

Best laid plans of mice and men...

Yeah there was a bit of juttering going on into a lot of bends. I did pork barrel and had a smile on my face the whole time. Apart from that run I pretty much follwed the greens around as I left it a bit late and light wasn't great so kept it safe. Last thing I wanted was an off up the top...
  11. N

Yeah, I'm still interested in doing it. I read a thread here on RB about doing it in a day, it might have been yours I'm not sure. Seeing as I only had a short time up here I think Stromlo was the better choice in the end. Bang for buck type of thing. I just went and spent an hour and a half up...
  12. N

Thanks for the heads-up Klips. That was the event the bridesmaid missed out on. Sounds like it was fun. I ended up hitting the pillow at 4am and optimistically set the alarm for 6:30. Yeah, that didn't happen. Going to head over later this arvo for a but of an easy roll around.
  13. N

So I'm up in the ACT for a wedding, figured I've never riden up here so made plans to do a ride. Initial plan was to go all-out and do the whole Centenial Trail. Loaded up my backpack, gave the trusty steed a final touch up and here we are. I have a 1-day window. At the wedding, turns out one...
  14. N

Newby introduction from Melb

Yeah, they're not the best on-road commuter. Best for bike paths. Pretty scary if it's taken where the biggest and heaviest vehicle wins.
  15. N

For those who aren't sure what it is, here's a pic of the 'bent. It's a little different, but probably the most comfortable thing you'll ever ride. Heaps of fun on twisty concrete bike paths but no good off road. Excuse the attempt at an 'arty' pic too:photo :photo:
  16. N

Thanks for the tip. Lying is not my strong point though, and we've known each other for over 20 years so she can see right through it anyway. I like where your head's at though...
  17. N

Hi, my name is Shannon and I’m an addict… [Hi Shannon] Anything bikes/fitness/sports that is. Well, in my head that’s the case, but in real life it’s a bit hit and miss. I’m not very good at keeping up a regular training regime but I do stints every so often. I’ve been a runner since I...