Post your 29er!

camoshop

Banned
How are the wide lighting wheels? What are the other mods
they're great.

mods so far, xtr RD, xtr brakes, ice tech rotors, xtr pedals, xtr shifter, xtr cassette 11:34...carbon slr giant stem, blackspire 34t nw ring. crank bro sweep bars. rocket ron front thinder burt rear tyres.

got some xtr cranks in the mail and some enve carbon sweep bars and eneve seat post on the way also.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My "El Cheapo" avanti frame all built up.

Started with a nice cheap $40 frame thanks to Calvin27
swung over all the bits left from my 29er SS that had to go due to knee surgery
upgraded the makeshift drivetrain to XT bits thanks to JTmofo
nice shiney new pedals thanks to knuckles
set of xfusion slide 120mm forks off ebay to replace the 100mm rebas (heavier, but much nicer on the wrists)
converted to NW ring thanks to moorey, bit of gold bling to start the el cheapo colour scheme too

all up, this thing is bang on! i keep thinking i'd like to upgrade the frame, but seriously hard to think what to. the idea of a steel or Ti frame interests me, but not enough to spend dollars on it when this thing does so well. i've flirted with the idea of some rear suspension, but this is really just so much fun as is and i only get to thinking like that when i've been riding over tree roots for 2hrs, aaaand i've got a nice tracer 2 sitting there waiting for the days i feel like hitting bigger stuff and riding up hills slowly.

in total, i reckon this bike owes me around $700, maybe not CHEAP cheap, but still pretty cheap for the ride i get from it :love:

Attachments

toby

Likes Dirt
Here is my custom built Fuel EX Di2 build...

Parts as follows:
Fuel EX 9.8 29 frameset
Fox F32 120 CTD with Heritage graphics
Fox Float, DRCV, RE:aktiv, CTD
Full 2x11 XTR Di2 M9070 groupset (with RHS shifter only)...
XTR M9020 wheelset
Reverb Stealth
PRO Tharsis XC carbon bar and stem (Di2 battery is located in the steerer)

Only hack I had to do to the frame was drill out the cable stop inside the frame on the LHS of the headtube. This allowed me to run the Di2 cables inside to the BB. I fed the junction up through the BB, connecting the wires from the FD and RD at this point.

First ride last weekend and man am I stoked with it!

Since I am only running a RHS shifter I run it in synchro mode all the time. I have set one mode to be 'strong-legs' the other 'weak-legs'. The difference is the S1 basically stays in the big ring till you need to bail out, where as the S2 (weak) runs into the small ring sooner. The warning beep before shifting the front ring is much more usefull that I thought it would be. Usually I hate anything like this (hello beeping Garmin).

I also set the screen to display info for longer as I found this useful.

Glad I am running the M9020 trail wheels, as the extra rim width gives the tyres a lot more traction and control.

Happy to take more detailed shots of the components if you are interested.

Attachments

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is my custom built Fuel EX Di2 build...

Parts as follows:
Fuel EX 9.8 29 frameset
Fox F32 120 CTD with Heritage graphics
Fox Float, DRCV, RE:aktiv, CTD
Full 2x11 XTR Di2 M9070 groupset (with RHS shifter only)...
XTR M9020 wheelset
Reverb Stealth
PRO Tharsis XC carbon bar and stem (Di2 battery is located in the steerer)

Only hack I had to do to the frame was drill out the cable stop inside the frame on the LHS of the headtube. This allowed me to run the Di2 cables inside to the BB. I fed the junction up through the BB, connecting the wires from the FD and RD at this point.

First ride last weekend and man am I stoked with it!

Since I am only running a RHS shifter I run it in synchro mode all the time. I have set one mode to be 'strong-legs' the other 'weak-legs'. The difference is the S1 basically stays in the big ring till you need to bail out, where as the S2 (weak) runs into the small ring sooner. The warning beep before shifting the front ring is much more usefull that I thought it would be. Usually I hate anything like this (hello beeping Garmin).

I also set the screen to display info for longer as I found this useful.

Glad I am running the M9020 trail wheels, as the extra rim width gives the tyres a lot more traction and control.

Happy to take more detailed shots of the components if you are interested.

Serious bike is serious!

Where about's have you mounted the battery?

toby

Likes Dirt
Serious bike is serious!

Where about's have you mounted the battery?

The Tharsis XC stem has a collar that means you don't run a top compression cap. This leaves the steerer empty to run the battery in. Works a treat!

nettabs

Squid
Just a basic 29er HT. 2011 Giant XTC1.

She's done alright. Found some 'whitewall' (tanwall) tyres to put on. Just Ardents, but they're tons better than the Aspen's she had on from the shop. Have recently replaced the chain and rear cassette as well as putting on a new 2x crank with new BB. All set to go again and devour the local XC trails.

Here it is half way through its 1st visit to Stromlo:

camoshop

Banned
Nice bike ^^^ I tried the same gunwalls they were grippy but a little slow rollinh for my long rides. They certainly look good on a black bike !!

camoshop

Banned
When's the blinged out anthem going to be ready camo.
Got another date tonight, so first thing tomorrow, just need to put the cranks, cassette and chain on and seatpost. Ordered an EXTRALITE axle and seat clamp, then all I'll be doing next is 10mm tru axle on the rear. Not sure you could do any more to it haha maybe some kashima rear shock and carbon bottle cage.

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got another date tonight, so first thing tomorrow, just need to put the cranks, cassette and chain on and seatpost. Ordered an EXTRALITE axle and seat clamp, then all I'll be doing next is 10mm tru axle on the rear. Not sure you could do any more to it haha maybe some kashima rear shock and carbon bottle cage.
And then never ever sneeze, anywhere near it, damn thing will blow away! I've eaten hamburgers heavier than that Anthem.

nettabs

Squid
Nice bike ^^^ I tried the same gunwalls they were grippy but a little slow rollinh for my long rides. They certainly look good on a black bike !!
Yeah, I have found them to be nice and grippy, and they also seem to be pretty giving, which makes for a nice and smooth ride. I'm not too fussed about speed though. I'm just out and about for the enjoyment :Banane42: