Search results

1. A

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Crests fitted, what a pain converting the rear drop outs. The drive side 2mm grub screw came out fine, non-drive side was tight as hell, and then rounded. Got the drill out, started drilling, slowly slowly, making progress, Makita drill bit snaps, in the bolt and wont come out, feck. Thought...
  2. A

No idea, hopefully! Mega cheap on Pushys so thought why not. I read a few reviews from people using Crests in some hardcore terrain and they have held up. My mate who is around 8-10kg heavier than me also runs them on his Trance, for around 4-6 months now and no issues. This is around the...
  3. A

Got some Crests on NEO hubs ready to go on, fitted with a DHF on the front and trying a Tomohawk on the rear, was only $20 rrp $100 Saved over 600grams when comparing bare wheel weights, originals where Giants own as fitted to a 2014 Trance.
  4. A

How to convert Giant Anthem 2014 to XT 12 mm through axle wheels.

Has anyone got a link to a AUS based store from which i can buy the dropout adapters and axle? I'm based in Brisbane, maybe someone knows a store that can get them? For the Riders? Or, should I convert my Stans NEO hubs to 9x135mm end caps? I think its these i'd need for a Giant Trance...
  5. A

what size to get

Im 183 and on a large 2014 Trance, even then feels slightly too small, but I have long legs.
  6. A

The discount code thread

Well they didn't reply to my e-mail this morning wishing to cancel the orders and dispatched and charged me later this afternoon. I'll see if they reply tomorrow and the fact they took additional payment without authorisation.
  7. A

The discount code thread

EDIT: yes charged the 'extra' , without being asked first. Items dispatched even though I e-mailed this morning to cancel.
  8. A

The discount code thread

I asked for my order to be cancelled, only to get an e-mail saying its been shipped! I guess its my fault for jumping on the -$50 bandwagon but thought I would at least be asked if I want to proceed with 20% off, instead of automatically doing it....
  9. A

The discount code thread

And processing and shipping out the orders automatically!
  10. A

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Try Craftworx on Gympie road. http://craftworx.com.au/ They built up my rear road wheel that's still going strong.
  11. A

Giving an older frame a new lease on life?

A 1999 Santa Cruz super 8 anyone? :D http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kewarra-beach/bicycles/santa-cruz-dh-bike-99-super-8/1124503541
  12. A

ROAD 2015 Specalized Tarmac U Di2 Pro Disc Race, and now a 2016 Crux Expert x1

Random Q, are you from Plymouth, Devon?
  13. A

TransNZ wrap

moorey, I think I rode with you on Tue night with Lifecycle (Cootha laps), didn't know you did this! I've pieced evidence together to conclude it must be you I rode with, starva, this thread and the latest Lifecycle newsletter. Not stalking, honest.
  14. A

Bells...

I live in Brisbane and have just fitted a bell to my roadie, way too much activity right now to not run one! I drive to MTB trails so hopefully am safe from running one on the MTB!
  15. A

A trip down memory lane!

Small world, Im from Plymouth too and have emigrated to Brisbane (Last Oct) Used to ride DH in Cann woods, Exeter and out at Tavistock, Gawton and the old quarry place. :)
  16. A

How do I take my wheel off?

Looks like the axle is also held in place via pinch bolts. Will probably be a 5mm allen head in there which you need to undo.
  17. A

Emigrated POM to Brisbane!! (With Pics)

Don't worry, all my bikes live in my apartment with me, the missis doesn't mind! (Luckily) Picked up some Avid Code R's locally so these are now fitted. :) Before I go an buy one, does anyone in the Brisbane area have a bushing removal and install device, really want to sort the top bush...
  18. A

Hahaha, those are old photo's which I then took a pic of on my mobile. Pics are from about 14 years ago..........
  19. A

Well not haven't a full susser didn't last long, picked this up tonight locally for a song. Very happy with it although rear lever blade is snapped so need to pick up a rear brake and upper shock bushings have 1mm or so play so want to get that sorted. Apart from that very happy indeed!
  20. A

Hi all, Glad I found a decent and active MTB forum! Was starting to get worried it was a very small scene out here! I'm a road cyclist (boo, hiss), but in the past have gone through a phase of BMX (4 years), then DH MTB (4 years) and finally road after moving to Central London where I...