Search results

1. DESPICABLE ME

What wide aluminium rims are you using?

Velocity Blunts 26", are rad
  2. DESPICABLE ME

Help me figure out which wheels to buy

Love the breakdown Duckmeister, I've got to replace my rear wheel, I asked the shop to write down the specs so I could go shopping but I'm none the wiser cause I have no idea which specs are important/not and/or interchangeable. Size: 29 FT/RR: Rear Type: TLR/Clincher (what the ???) Speed...
  3. DESPICABLE ME

Grips

Has anyone used the ESI FIT (tapered) range?
  4. DESPICABLE ME

X-Fusion Forks - Experiences please

Is there a good thread for X-Fusion set-up anyone can point me towards?
  5. DESPICABLE ME

35mm

Well said, i reckon you've just made my mind up. I'm 80kgs and definately not a hard hitter on the bike. 35mms seem a bit risky for me
  6. DESPICABLE ME

Handlebar Width - Stock

My 29 Superfly hardtail came with 690 bars which i loved, however my new bike (dually with 160mm) has 760's and it was hard to go back to the narrower bar and feel comfortable when riding the two bikes back to back. I bumped up from 690 to 720 and absolutely love it. Bit more shock...
  7. DESPICABLE ME

35mm

Great write-ups guys, i keep seeing 'good deals' for 35mm bars on Facebook and the forums. I now understand why people are off-loading them. I think i'll hang out for some 31.8s!!!!
  8. DESPICABLE ME

Grips

Agree with The Reverend. ESI's dont look as gnarly as other grips but they do they job rain, hail or shine and have great shock absorbsotion. Whilst i have never experienced it, im told end caps can go walk about and the grips can be a pain to remove (maybe it should be the other way around :-)
  9. DESPICABLE ME

Easton EC70 bars... Carbon or not?

your words hurt my feelings and made my weekend sad. God bless you
  10. DESPICABLE ME

Cheers gents. Looks like UD weave caught me out! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. DESPICABLE ME

I just took delivery of some Easton EC70 bars. Now that I have them in hand I can't see the carbon weave I was expecting. Are all EC70s Carbon or is their an alloy versions too? I've attached a pic of the bars and the box Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. DESPICABLE ME

Hardtail or Dually

HT and Dual and both awesome because mountain biking is awesome. I have a 160mm IBIS mojo dually and a 100mm Trek HT. The are totally different rides but equally fun. Youve got a choice between fun and fun. Neither is faster they both offer different results deping on climbing, descening...
  13. DESPICABLE ME

strive or spectral

has anyone ridden both ?
  14. DESPICABLE ME

Helmet suggestions?

MIPS is a massive winner for me. I got a POC Trabec with Mips and will buy another when its time to repalce
  15. DESPICABLE ME

Technical term - what does MRP stand for ?

Technical term - what does MRP stand for ?
  16. DESPICABLE ME

Motorized Doping is Real - Belgian Rider Found with Hidden Motor at CX Worlds

Understand they can conceal a motor, but surely they need numerous batteries hidden somewhere for the system to be of any use? How could you hide the weight or bulk of that many batteries?
  17. DESPICABLE ME

Another N00B

Where's SARGE, W, LJ, et. al. ?
  18. DESPICABLE ME

Another N00B

Your all over it JASER.... I've already been reading about my FOX Terralogic, looking at your slick build and trawling the classifieds! Why didn't you guys tell mw about this earlier!
  19. DESPICABLE ME

Another N00B

Hi Guys Just joined up to the forum, I'm from VIC and do 95% of my riding out at Lysterfield on a Carbon Trek Superfly 29 hard tail. If anyone can point me to users/groups/threads that relate to Lysty or South East of Melbourne that wold be great. Cheers John