Öhlins Inverted Downhill Fork

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe they just want to bring out a fork that out golds Fox's Kashima?

Will be interesting to see what comes of this now that there are two "new" companies entering the DH suspension race (DVO and now Ohlins) and what the older companies will have to do to keep their current market.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe they just want to bring out a fork that out golds Fox's Kashima?

Will be interesting to see what comes of this now that there are two "new" companies entering the DH suspension race (DVO and now Ohlins) and what the older companies will have to do to keep their current market.
Probably more to do with the fact thats their "colour".

DOWN HILL DAN

Likes Bikes
Nice i want them now.that gold looks to sexy.when an were can I get my hands on some.there moto stuff works so well i hope these do as well.

Satellite1

Likes Bikes
I don't really understand why we still don't have technology in MTB suspension that has been available on moto suspension for 20+ years? How much engineering actually happens within rockshox suspension division for example?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yuck, that looks terrible. Whilst I agree that inverted forks feel great (had a few sets of Shiver's in my day), they just look shit on most bikes nowadays.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yuck, that looks terrible. Whilst I agree that inverted forks feel great (had a few sets of Shiver's in my day), they just look shit on most bikes nowadays.
And here I was reading the thread thinking I must be the only person here that thinks these look like shit (and the gold looks tacky).
I know function should win over looks, but can't we have a nice balance? :p

morticus

Likes Dirt
Conveniently shaped lower crown to clear the demo's downtube... maybe a specialized specific DH fork :crazy: but no bumper on a carbon frame, even for testing? I bet the fanboys over at pinkbike have already placed orders, even if a set were $6k they would buy it cause it looks cool.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Ohlins don't pay teams to ride there product like the other brands, you have to pay them so can't see to many people jumping ship unless the results are far far superior to what the others produce with won't be the case even with the history behind the brand.

On another not funny how its Ohlins forked spotted again when the copyright on the images is the other Wallner brother, Im guessing we will be seeing these forks and a lot of other new products at the next round at Fort Bill.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Ohlins don't pay teams to ride there product like the other brands, you have to pay them
Is that right? That seems pretty backwards, you'd think they'd be trying to promote their product, the more team riders the more fans buying it, blah blah.. Will be interesting to see who thinks the fork is worth paying for vs getting paid to ride

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that right? That seems pretty backwards, you'd think they'd be trying to promote their product, the more team riders the more fans buying it, blah blah.. Will be interesting to see who thinks the fork is worth paying for vs getting paid to ride
In the motorsports industry yes it's true. Their belief is that because of how superior their product is they don't need to give away freebies even to the pro's, which from what I've heard is justified (just on what I've read when they first brought out their shock for the demo).