03 one25 or dmr rhythm

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
whats the price difference trent??

because it could be worth getting the 125 and getting a new frame if you dont like it.....

ohh well....

Fritta

Likes Dirt
live_to_ride said:
whats the price difference trent??

because it could be worth getting the 125 and getting a new frame if you dont like it.....

ohh well....
you buy the 125 60% for the frame, why would you wanna get a new one?

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really simple.
find which frame fits you beter.
buy that one.
it's pretty pointless buying a wanky frame if it fells wrong for you.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
DMR is probably better for dirtjumping... but norco is more versatile (gears etc..) then dmr has better frame, but limited to 24" wheels... it's a hard call

Rik

logged out
stinky|dan said:
frame only? what about a .243 racing? Way cheaper than Dmr's
Not when you can get a Trailstar or Rhythm frame for $549 (rrp), but they're very different bikes to the 243.

trenta23

Likes Dirt
i jumped both of them today at windsor and i have to say i feel more at home on the one25 cos its generally a bit bigger bike but the rhythm still felt awesome, i dont know, im really stuck

sifter

Likes Dirt
no comparison, completely different bikes, the rythm is much more at home on the urban circuit whereas the one25 is dj oriented, end of story, you want urban, go the rythm or rythm complete, you want a dirty little hoe, get the one25, case closed.

Rik

logged out
You know, I would've thought the 125 would be better in urban, as it's overbuilt and can take some stupid abuse... whereas the rhythm would be more suited to flowing dirt jumps where there isn't as much impact.
That's my odd viewpoint.

sifter

Likes Dirt
it's a wierd dilemma, dj bikes should really be rigd with gears and urban also rigid but ss, however, norco have gone and slapped a "dj" fork up front, really, this fork is far too big for dirt jumping, i'd have 40 or less mm travel for dj or urban, so really, the only one suited for one single purpose is the one25, to urban, having a long travel dj bike is useless as all those gooshy inches suck up your speed off the landings

trenta23

Likes Dirt
yeh like i said i rode the one25 and the rhtyhm the other day and they were both awesome,

I have to day i felt definately a bit more at home on the one25 just cos they r a bit bigger bike.

the ryhthm was fun but im not sure if its the bike for me

i seriously donkt know