04 Giant Range

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
yeh it does look like a lil hottie doesn't it :D
what was that problem the AC's, people always snapped something on them? i wonder if they have fixed that problem and beefed it up a lil bit

the DH team again looks hot, i do like that bike but its pretty disapointing there are no big changes - i was hopeing for a funky ass new paint job (althouh this doesn't really effect performance) it would still be cool.

Rik

logged out
Interesting... I'm not a fan of Giant, but me trying to be objective as possible: Those paintjobs are a bit weak.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i like the DH painjob... but it does look just like last yrs. that AC1 would be a sweet ride providing theyve fixed the problems with the rear linkage

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Yeh, what problems DID they have with the rear linkage? didnt work? i heard something kept snaping

spudz

Likes Dirt
Yeah peachy the chain stays snapped as they werent parallel 1 was straight and the other was bent causing a twisting effect.This problem was fixed with the 2003 models were the chainstays are parallel.
The dh team looks sweat with that reservoir arrangment on the downtube to make it easier to adjust settings , as on the older models you have to remove linkage bolts to make adjustments.Have to keep an eye on linkage bolts as they seem to come lose.

bazza

look at me
my friend has cracked his in 2 differnt places in under 2 months. hes lovin it!!!! but he knows an aircraft welder so thats at least an advantage.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It doesn't seem that they have beefed up the gusseting on the AC at all and now they are coming through stock with Dual crown forks..... the 2003 models came with the warning that if you put on dual crowns your warranty is void... what's the story there????????
I've had my AC2 (2003) now for about 9 months and have had no problems at all... considering the number of bikes they manufacture and ship over here to Aus of course you are going to hear of people breaking them, people break all brands bikes... it is just that there are so many more Giants riding around that the ratios of broke to not broke are going to be higher.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The DH team looks sweet as - and the new AC's look nice + with the addition of a dual crown makes them an even better freeride/trailbike.
The ac's also look like they are using different top and down tubes compared to previous years ?

Also i wouldnt mind owning one of the new NRS carbon frames - mmmmmmmm

Ty

Eats Squid
i can't see any difference between the 03 AC frame and the 04, would of been nice if they brought back the 4 inch option on the shock mount though.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is what I think... not much difference from what i can see. I'm going to put my Dual crowns on my '03!!!!!

S.

ex offender
spudz said:
Yeah peachy the chain stays snapped as they werent parallel 1 was straight and the other was bent causing a twisting effect.This problem was fixed with the 2003 models were the chainstays are parallel.
The pivots were still in the same positions tho, how would assymetrical stays cause a twisting effect?

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fat_Ride said:
It doesn't seem that they have beefed up the gusseting on the AC at all and now they are coming through stock with Dual crown forks..... the 2003 models came with the warning that if you put on dual crowns your warranty is void... what's the story there????????
Ummm, read the blurb. It says that the '04 frame has been beefed up.

Ty

Eats Squid
Socket said:
spudz said:
The pivots were still in the same positions tho, how would assymetrical stays cause a twisting effect?
i think the actualy construction was different but people use the assymetrical/parrallel thing as a reference to which model they are refering to.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Socket said:
spudz said:
Someone remind me... weren't the stays symetrical to an offset pivot point?
The most common break point that we saw was the (ill-thought-out) "dimple" on the inside of the stays... of course forming a tube this way is nice and cheap??

fastrider gus

super huck
Socket said:
spudz said:
exactly what i was thinking..
my mate snapped his '01 when he was hopping backwards.. SNAP!! hehehe!!

j-ro

Likes Dirt
You know its so like giant that the AC2, with an identicle frame wont be warrenteed with a dual crown fitted, but the ac1 comes stock with one.