04 Giant Range

S.

ex offender
Grip said:
Socket said:
spudz said:
Yeah peachy the chain stays snapped as they werent parallel 1 was straight and the other was bent causing a twisting effect.This problem was fixed with the 2003 models were the chainstays are parallel.
The pivots were still in the same positions tho, how would assymetrical stays cause a twisting effect?
Someone remind me... weren't the stays symetrical to an offset pivot point?
The most common break point that we saw was the (ill-thought-out) "dimple" on the inside of the stays... of course forming a tube this way is nice and cheap??
If your pivots for the stays on each side don't line up with each other the YZ axes (where the X axis is along the length of the bike, parallel with the ground), things are gonna get ugly real quick. To put it simply, you can't have pivots that are offset from the one on the other side of the bike, therefore having an assymetrical chainstay can't actually "cause" any twisting effect. Just a placebo I think.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From waht i ahve seen at our "personal" giant product line up, the giants swing arms are no different, when i asked them about teh warning with DC forks on the AC frames he said that they had fixed up with the fluid forming or somthing, but it sounded like the biggest load of shite ever!!!