'04 Norcos

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Turley said:
The fact you put gears back on?
Sorry, nope. You'll have to look CLOSELY at the bike. (It's built nothing like the real spec of the 04 bike by the way).
I'd love to say, but I'm not allowed to. So you guys will have to work it out for yourselves (or just wait a bit longer).

S.

ex offender
Gutty said:
Socket said:
wombat said:
I think you'll find the front end in F1 cars are actually a parallelogram (double wishbone isn't it?).

Cook: I know I've asked this before, but I couldn't find the thread....are you Thomas Cook?
If it is a parallelogram, it has a lot of dissimilarities (is that a word) with the Lawwill linkage.
And what are these dis similarities then, oh so great one ? Obviously they must be different in many ways, one is on a car and has the wheel at 90 degrees and the other is on a MTB whith the wheel straight. I never said they were "exactly" the same did i ?!

They are both semi parrallelograms, obviously the diamensions and shock placement are very different(The F1 uses a linkage also) but the basic design is very similar.

You don't take it all too serious at all do ya mate ?!?! Geez...........
What I was talking about is that a lot of Lawwill designs (maybe even all, I don't know) use a floating brake (eg Chris's Yeti) because the IC is pretty close to the axle. Lawwills also have a (slightly) different axle path to a parallelogram linkage; it's supposed to be vertical but it's not, whereas a parallelogram linkage will have a circular axle path. A parallelogram linkage doesn't have any IC, so it won't suffer torque-induced movement. On a car (this is some VERY basic theorising here cos I don't know shit about cars) I imagine you could use a Lawwill-type linkage to reduce squatting around corners (or you could use a linkage to do the opposite, and increase the squatting). I don't know what a car designer needs to design it to do though, it seems to me that having the suspension try to extend at the outer wheels, and compress at the inner wheels around corners would be advantageous, but I honestly don't know.

And what is a semi-parallelogram? :?

Yes, I do take it too seriously :)

S.

ex offender
Derek Yates said:
Turley said:
Sorry, nope. You'll have to look CLOSELY at the bike. (It's built nothing like the real spec of the 04 bike by the way).
I'd love to say, but I'm not allowed to. So you guys will have to work it out for yourselves (or just wait a bit longer).
That nut at the top of the steerer tube looks like one of the BMX ones that let you run a cable through the steerer?

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Socket said:
Derek Yates said:
Turley said:
That nut at the top of the steerer tube looks like one of the BMX ones that let you run a cable through the steerer?
Getting close, but still no cigar.

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
Hmmm I know nothing about previous versions but is the schrader valves?

Or what looks like BMX style drop outs for the rear wheel?

The bottom crank gusset looks like my bmx as well (ie for a one piece) rather than the standard smaller version for MTB.

KK

Sorry but my techicull jargon is just shit...

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TO be honest, the only thing that i can see different to my 02 250, is what looks like an extra cable guide mount halfway down the top tube, maybe for those who want to run a giro??

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
shmity said:
TO be honest, the only thing that i can see different to my 02 250, is what looks like an extra cable guide mount halfway down the top tube, maybe for those who want to run a giro??
Shmity wins some free Norco stickers for his efforts. Let me know where to send them via PM.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
And what is a semi-parallelogram? :?

Yes, I do take it too seriously :)
You know what i mean, it's not an exact parrallelogram. By adjusting the top and bottom wishbone lengths you can adjust the caster/camber on the front wheels of a car, this is one reason the design is so good.

Your brain will explode one day !! :wink:

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
damn!! those norco stickers would have looked sweet on my kona :)

If the 2004 version has presta's I'm gonna come looking for you Derek! :D

just joking.

KK