VIC 09 Mt Buller Cup - Race for Charity

Lube

Likes Dirt
Yeah shit hot man, I shall be coming up Saturday after work, sleeping in the van on Sat night near the summit somewhere, and then staying at the Avalanche on the Sunday night. Bringing up the girlfriend, racing on Sunday and trying to get her on the lifts on the Monday for some last lifted runs for the season. Can't wait to suit it!

mirimbah

Likes Bikes
hi guys,
just droppin a line to inform you all our shuttle will stop running at 5 oclock on easter monday from mirimbah to buller, so thanks for all who used our service through the summer, we hope to add a few extra next year. maybe a few runs of sterling on the odd occasion also.
Running the shuttle gave me a real good excuse to get back into some riding myself and sneak a few runs in to.
www.mirimbah.com.au

benannear

Likes Bikes
WC Live Stream @ Buller

We hear you all, and are looking into it.
At this stage it looks like Arlberg is our best option. 4X on Saturday night and DH on the Sunday night.
Has anyone looked into the time conversions between Sth. Africa and here?
This will also be the location for Saturday evenings charity auction.
Cheers Ben.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Do i have to have that form filled out and returned before i head up there on friday? or can i do it up there?

benannear

Likes Bikes
We hear you all, and are looking into it.
At this stage it looks like Arlberg is our best option. 4X on Saturday night and DH on the Sunday night.
Has anyone looked into the time conversions between Sth. Africa and here?
This will also be the location for Saturday evenings charity auction.
Cheers Ben.
So at my workings out the 4X will screen at 3am so I doubt we will find any place even open at Buller at this time. However, Sunday night the DH will be screened around 9pm this might fly, however, I doubt any venue will stay open past 10 or 11pm.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Is there a Shop up there where i could buy a tube should i need it.

I'm packing now and I'm out of 24" tubes...

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Was quight a fun race despite my bad luck (crashed first run, then flatted half way done on the second run)
I still think a 5.09 is good with a flat though:p

How did every one else go?
Are the results going to get posted up?

haydn

Likes Dirt
Was quight a fun race despite my bad luck (crashed first run, then flatted half way done on the second run)
I still think a 5.09 is good with a flat though:p

How did every one else go?
Are the results going to get posted up?
That is a good effort with a flat man, I was .61 seconds different and didn't even make top 5 so it must have been bloody tight in the top few. I thought (as always) me second run was going to be about 5 seconds faster but nope. Well done to those who walked away with the win. And well thanks to all the Mt Buller crew for putting on a fun event.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Wicked. I came 4th and 3rd in slow:D

18th overall with a difference of 2.37 seconds.

I remember coming out at the bottom and going flat out thinking i was slower then my first run! Bugger.

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Nick Rudski killed it by the looks of it, with super close times and still super quick only 3sec behind Timmy Eaton!!