10 years out... what have i missed?

nathanm

Eats Squid
you can do anything with cable ties, rubber bands and a positive mindset.

should read converting PARTS from a hardtail to a dually. Does that still even make sense though?

Stripping most of the parts from an old hardtail and putting them onto a NOS 2012 Giant anthem frame.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
should read converting PARTS from a hardtail to a dually. Does that still even make sense though?

Stripping most of the parts from an old hardtail and putting them onto a NOS 2012 Giant anthem frame.
id be scratching for newer drivetrain, prob even brakes - forks might be ok -how old are they? also prob has flat XC bars etc, maybe some setback & rise would b nice for you also

nathanm

Eats Squid
id be scratching for newer drivetrain, prob even brakes - forks might be ok -how old are they? also prob has flat XC bars etc, maybe some setback & rise would b nice for you also
By adding new drivetrain etc the price of the build would most likely exceed the price of just purchasing a new bike, which I considered and thought the best deal would be one of the Marin's Bicycle's Online is selling for $1599?

I'll be moving across some older style Mavic 317/XT tubeless wheels, some still serviceable RS Recon forks and some basic Shimano brakes. A new fork alone would have set me back $600, then I would need new wheels and it goes from there.

Long story short even with some new Bars and Stem the total build will come in for sub $600 which is perfect considering my partner rides little more than bike paths maybe once every two months.

I'm just excited to be playing with bikes again like the old days.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
There's a bunch of old farts on the forums rockin' zimmer frames and dentures.

Their call to arms goes like this:
"... 26 inch wheels are the best, 29ers are a silly fad for pretend mtn bikers...rah, rah, rah.. "

Don't listen to them, they're old and they've gone soft in the head.

29ers are friggin awesome

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk