1999 Marzocchi Z1 Dropoff

ozgti

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a Marzocchi fork that I won't get rid off as it's probably one of the best forks I have used. BUT I want to limit the travel to 100mm instead of 120/130 or so. Is there a way I can do this or do I just set the preload to soft so that I'm pretty much in the middle of the travel anyway?

Thanks in advance.

moorey

call me Mia
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a Marzocchi fork that I won't get rid off as it's probably one of the best forks I have used. BUT I want to limit the travel to 100mm instead of 120/130 or so. Is there a way I can do this or do I just set the preload to soft so that I'm pretty much in the middle of the travel anyway?

Thanks in advance.
Don't get rid of them. Still the nicest fork I ever rode, even with the squishy sound and intermittant clicking. Why limit to 100mm? Too heavy and plush for an XC fork, and if you soften them, not good for DJ

ozgti

Likes Dirt
The weight doesn't bother me. It's an awesome fork that I want to keep as I'm doing more urban/xc riding now.

moorey

call me Mia
The weight doesn't bother me. It's an awesome fork that I want to keep as I'm doing more urban/xc riding now.
I wouldn't touch it. Uts a legendary fork, and 5" isn't too much, unless you are orried about the slacker head angle and stress on the head tube. Actually, no, they suck, but I'll give you $50 for it.....:eyebrows:

ozgti

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't touch it. Uts a legendary fork, and 5" isn't too much, unless you are orried about the slacker head angle and stress on the head tube. Actually, no, they suck, but I'll give you $50 for it.....:eyebrows:
SOLD!!! Now if you can paypal me the 50 for the fork and another $500 for postage, it's yours! :eyebrows: lol

moorey

call me Mia
I paid $650 for mine, SH, in about 2001. Huge dollars then. But never regretted it.
Lets call it $75

floody

Wheel size expert
Late reply but a change of springs and lower leg service is all you'd have to do to go 130 --> 110 and I think CRC may even still have the spring kit to do it. Shorter main spring, longer top out spring, super simple stuff.