2000 Kona Stab.

RedPill

Likes Dirt
Hey guys i was just wondering if u guys thought that this was a good deal.
2000 Model Kona Stab for $1200. im going 2 start downhilling and also do u no how much rear travel u can get on the Stab.
thx heaps

riderigid

Likes Dirt
is it complete? what condition is it in and it has 9 inches of travel. if it is in good nick then it is one of the best deals i have seen/heard of in a while!
can you get pics?

Glenn

Likes Dirt
riderigid said:
is it complete? what condition is it in and it has 9 inches of travel. if it is in good nick then it is one of the best deals i have seen/heard of in a while!
can you get pics?
that is if its a stab primo...or is it a stab dee lux, i dont think they had just a stab in 2000.

G

Just upload the picture to the galleries and then post it up in the thread. Saves you sending a motherload of emails chief.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is the red and yellow version with the orange Jr T's and yellow/orange race face cranks. (Same as Simo's old one)

It looks like it is in mint condition, doesn't even look like the thing has been ridden....

Pic is over 5mb though.....

Parts I can see from the pic....

Rhyno Lite rims,
Jr T's,
Truvativ Boxguide,
orange Race Face cranks,
XT rear derailleur,
green Oury's,
what looks to be a Velo full kevlar seat.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude. if it's just a stab (not primo) it HAS NOT got 9 inches of travel, it has 5.
I had one, snapped it without riding it very hard. Watch the area around the rear dropouts as the re-inforcement stops where the weld is......crack!

It is a nice bike and if the jnr T's are 2001 models they also kick ass (also 5" travel). After gettin mine serviced I have had nothing but compliments on how they feel, just onje little annoying thing is the lack of rebound adjustment but meh, they are still nice.

The cranks (if old raceface) are square taper and I still runthem on my new morphine with no problems.
Depending on how hard you ride you may want to keep an eye on the rims but there's no need to upgrade untill they die anyway.

here's my old stab after afew running upgrades:

You'll find that the travel is more than adequite for DH, good to DJ on and still able to pedal around on urban rides.

[plug] if for any reason your sale falls through my stab frame is going to be up for sale again soon as the warranty swingarm has FINALLY arrived. Looking at around 400 bucks with the highest offer so far around 375 (that's from about a month ago tho).[/plug]

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
i have a stab frame the same as simo's old one but running 7" boxxer teams and it runs sweet as. they are pretty good all rounder bikes and if it is 1200 your getting a hell good of a deal.

i also have a set of 8" extension plates which were custom made for the frame if you want them... i dont run them anymore so yeh if you want to run more rear travel just give me a yell

riderigid

Likes Dirt
sorry, i got confused, i thought he meant a stab primo, and arent stabs meant to have 7"? just what i thought. anyway, 1200 is one sweet ass deal none the less. go for it!

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Simo said:
dude. if it's just a stab (not primo) it HAS NOT got 9 inches of travel, it has 5.
I had one, snapped it without riding it very hard. Watch the area around the rear dropouts as the re-inforcement stops where the weld is......crack!

It is a nice bike and if the jnr T's are 2001 models they also kick ass (also 5" travel). After gettin mine serviced I have had nothing but compliments on how they feel, just onje little annoying thing is the lack of rebound adjustment but meh, they are still nice.

The cranks (if old raceface) are square taper and I still runthem on my new morphine with no problems.
Depending on how hard you ride you may want to keep an eye on the rims but there's no need to upgrade untill they die anyway.

here's my old stab after afew running upgrades:

You'll find that the travel is more than adequite for DH, good to DJ on and still able to pedal around on urban rides.

[plug] if for any reason your sale falls through my stab frame is going to be up for sale again soon as the warranty swingarm has FINALLY arrived. Looking at around 400 bucks with the highest offer so far around 375 (that's from about a month ago tho).[/plug]
simo you forget that you are small, light and didnt ride terribly hard through dh to fully test this bike.......my thoughts only, you have permission to slap me next time you see me.........yes it would be a good dh bike-thats what is disigned for- but it depends on how big(tall heavy) you are and how hard you ride. i.e huck or smooth

RedPill

Likes Dirt
okay well i weigh 65 and im around 173cm umm yea i am now getting it for $1000 and im getting it 2day :) and also yea its running 5.7'' on the rear. and yes it does have jnr t's 5inches which comes 2 130mm or so doesnt it?