2004 Big Hit

Ty

Eats Squid
well it has 6 piviots somewhere so there no point in argueing that point, we'll just have to see what happens, on another note, good to see the 26 inch wheel is back.

S.

ex offender
Ty said:
well it has 6 piviots somewhere so there no point in argueing that point, we'll just have to see what happens, on another note, good to see the 26 inch wheel is back.
Like I said, would you call a 222 a singlepivot? If so... ;)

S.

ex offender
Exactly, which by the same logic is why calling a VPP a 6-pivot bike is dodgy.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hey whats with the overposter rank under ur name socket, is that just what comes after pro?

S.

ex offender
Overposter is a custom title reserved only for people like me who really, really REALLY need a life :lol:

Tom

Likes Bikes
Same here. The current 8 inch bikes have really nice clean lines, but that thing looks pretty fucked from what you can see. Practical with the low centred c.o.g but Ugly methinks.

ugly? you could call it a piece of artwork (but that depends on the eye of the beholder of course) i reckon it looks fully sic and if i have the money next year (not likely but meh) i'll buy one. Specialized make good bikes so you could expect all that complicated stuff not to break too easily.

blacky

Likes Dirt
i have owned a 2002 big hit pro,2003 bighit dh,and soon a 2004 model ,lots of people but specialized down,i would love to get some thing a bit flasher but i don't have the money to waste,and i belive that i would be the same speed on my bighit anyway.

see ya at the races

S.

ex offender
If that really is the linkage of it, the performance compared to the current design won't be much different... having put it through Linkage, it has no appreciable rising rate (making it feel somewhat like most singlepivots in terms of plushness), and the axle path hardly varies from their current setup...

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
is it VPP
looks abit like it
looks crazy
hope its will be at a reasonable price, should be
those bomber 8's look pretty cool
it looks pretty long

S.

ex offender
fastrider_ben said:
is it VPP
looks abit like it
looks crazy
hope its will be at a reasonable price, should be
those bomber 8's look pretty cool
it looks pretty long
Nup, just horst link, but with the shock activated by the chainstay rather than the top link.... if that diagram is correct at least.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:

thats supposedly the linkage desing of it :shock:
But thats just a normal 4 bar with a hollowed out/oddly shaped chainstay and the shock pivot in a dumb spot.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hey it is too! looks like u could just put a shock between the top linkage and the seat mast and itd be a fsr :?