AM 2004 Kona Stinky

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I now have everything to build her up.

To do list:
Make bearing drifts to install new Enduro Max bearings
Make new rear bushings. (Seat stay to chain stay)
Rebuild guide brakes

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
We need a retaining wall huck to flat pic too!

Coolest build thread happenin atm. Love it

fastrider gus

super huck
awesome! i'd love a lathe in the shed, would be so handy for tinkering!
some of the older stinkys with the chrome/silver front end and painted rear looked great.
if you can get nice decals for it, a polished/painted combo would be rad. match it up with the hope hubs if they're coloured

link1896

Mr Greenfield
awesome! i'd love a lathe in the shed, would be so handy for tinkering!
some of the older stinkys with the chrome/silver front end and painted rear looked great.
if you can get nice decals for it, a polished/painted combo would be rad. match it up with the hope hubs if they're coloured
Them hope hubs are gold. Not my favourite colour but hey, great wheels at a good price.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Lower pivot back together. Need to make drifts for pulling the rocker arm bearings out next.

Christmas is looming, damn it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Left two very rusty rotors in vinegar for 48hrs, and the rust easily brushed away. Sadly I failed to get before photos.

Will do some before and after photos of rusty stainless bolts.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did your rotor bolts leave your vinegar with a crust? I soaked a terrible chain in the stuff years ago, the crust rising like a delicate shuffle above the jar rim. Likely not a very tasty shuffle.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Did your rotor bolts leave your vinegar with a crust? I soaked a terrible chain in the stuff years ago, the crust rising like a delicate shuffle above the jar rim. Likely not a very tasty shuffle.
Yep there is one starting to form now the bolts are in. The vinegar has gone brown. Still smells lovely

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bushing made. Rear shock rebuilt. Took a guess with 250psi IFP pressure for now, can see this shock getting tossed quickly for something nice.

Slowly getting assembled, pondering cutting the spring down in the boxxers for 6" travel and making a travel adjusting block.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Not wanting to wait till I found a bolt up thru axle or get one from overseas, I made one from an old, slightly bent, 12 point head slightly stripped, Subaru ej25 head bolt.

It was a 11x1.25 thread, so I brought it down to 10mm and rethreaded for 1.25.

And made a quick and dirty nut.