2007 Giant Bikes

homegrown

Likes Bikes
Seems they've gone from having a Trance 1,2,3 to a Trance 0,1,2.

Trying to trick people perhaps? Thinking they're buying an equivalent 06 Trance 2 but really its more like a 06 Trance 3.
No Giant aust. are just falling in line with the rest of Giant by having a convention of dura ace or xtr means 0, ultegra or xt means 1...

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just be patient.....look forward to some very nice mid-year realeses!!!

Check this out to get an idea of what we 'Might' be getting a taste of http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=2039
dude, any idea when they will be coming to Australia, aswell the different specs? also by any chance will the freeride version also come with tripple's or just the one version of it? it seems just what i want aslong as it has tripple clamp forks.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Apologies, I didnt realise they did 2 releases during the year.

N
Nether, untill for the 06 season the release the anthems, glory plus a carbon tt bike and the other ocr series half way through. So we will probally see a few bikes early next year.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
dude, any idea when they will be coming to Australia, aswell the different specs? also by any chance will the freeride version also come with tripple's or just the one version of it? it seems just what i want aslong as it has tripple clamp forks.
I heard the "freeride bikes" to come will be the Glory 8 (see the graphics on that page), which will be a single crown glory, i would assume it will be running Totems. I think Amiel was riding something like this recently pretty successfully?

Also heard that there would be the Reign X, i don't think we will see any with QR though.

Sam02

Likes Dirt
Don't know but I was just quoted $2500 for a 07 Trance 2 (available 3 weeks) and $3000 for an 07 Athem 1 (available 5 weeks) from Georges Bike Shop in Balcatta, Perth.
Wats the go, why have the prices gone up from last year? The 06 trance 3 was 2200 wasnt it?
Is it because of the rising fuel prices? Thats what my lbs have told me.
I am saving for a trance 2, last years 3, now, i think it looks very snazzy.:cool:

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't quite see the idea of having the bikes come half way through the season, surelly they would create the most amount of sales from beggining of the seasen when everyone is looking for a new bike, it also defeats the point to buy a bike for racing or downhill when your already half way through the season, and the new models will be out in only a few months. Does anyone want to explain to me why they would do this?

cheers,

rmx_1

Likes Bikes
the new bikes look great. especially like the look of the Dh and the stp zero. bit disapionted that there is no faith.hopefully they will bring it back early next year cause it is an awsome bike

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man that new glory is fucking disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the paint scheme is soo horrible!

thats it, time to try snaffle up an 06.

nizai

Likes Dirt
A little birdie told me a new faith by another name will be in the January release. But we will have to wait I guess.

I suppose that releasing in January as well allows Giant to give bikes an extended life cycle of say 18 months instead of just 12.

The Reign X is apparently on the cards too.

Saw the retail prices on the Reigns last night. The Reign 1 was $2995 i think, while the 0 was up over the 5k mark. Considering last years Reign 2 was $3400 (?) it looks like theyve cut back the spec a tad (ie: Juicy 3's, and X9 instead of XT).

N