2007 Marzocchi Drop Off Triple wheel removal

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@#$%!$$23$%!@#$!@
Can't get the stupid front wheel off these 2007 Marzocchi drop off triples.. Taken the quick release off but all it appears to be is a preload mechanism... I've undone the pinch bolts just stumped at what the hell I'm meant to be doing. Any help?

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope its not quick release.. There some soughta through alex which I cant get out..

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
It should be as simple as undoing the skewer then pulling those silver end caps out, you may have to put a flat head screwdriver into the gaps between the pinch bolts and give them a gentle ply to loosen it's grip on the silver end caps.

This is how the axle looks inside, you can see that the silver bits don't actually screw in to anything they should freely pull out, once they are out then you slide the black thru axle out with ya fingers or u may have to tap it out with something if it's in really tight.

Last edited:

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had the same problem. I can't remember the cause, but the way to get it out is to use something equal diameter to the axle and a mallet and wack away.
I think my axle might of been ovalized or burred a bit and I needed to file some the edges.