2007 National Championships is PRE-ENTRY ONLY

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Yes there will be a pre-entry line

DH Shuttles will run for official practice from Wednesday. there will be 4 shuttle buses at the moment.

You will need a number on your bike to ride the course

Numbers as of last night were 1006 entries

Per class -
XC ~350
DH ~ 320
MTX ~ 160
SXC ~ 70
Trials - 5

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
4 Shuttles?? To many people not enough shuttles for the DH if that is for the whole weekend

the F.H.B

Likes Dirt
If theres that many pre-entrys why are they keeping them open? I mean a cut off is a cut off. It sucks that we put the effort in to enter on time yet they keep taking entrys for those to lazy to get their shit together!
I mean 320 is a pretty big Dh field any way, do we really need to keep letting people in?
Are the rego areas going to be different for different catigories or is it just going to be one massive queue of everyone to one table?

Bucket Master

CORC is still in (desperate) need of volunteers to successfully deliver the 2007 Nationals. This will be our showcase event to Australia and, potentially, the world and will introduce the wider Canberra community to CORC and mountain biking in general. With the announcing of the 2009 World Championships to be made on Friday 26 January (and a very strong possibility that CORC will be awarded this event) we would appreciate a good show of support by the CORC members as we head towards the future.

Parents, relatives and friends are welcome to volunteer and you do not need mountain biking skills, nor are any previous volunteering skills expected. Volunteers will be given t-shirts, hats, umbrellas and food and drink vouchers (dependant on number of shifts - the more shifts, the more goodies). There will be other goodies including an iPod Shuffle up for grabs which will be raffled off to one of the volunteers.

Have a good think about volunteering and forward this email on to family and friends who you think will be interested. Please contact Leanne Henderson on 0414 524 689, 02 6292 3687 or email johnhend(NOSPAM)@pcug.org.au (remove the NO SPAM) for further information and to register your interest.

If any of you can help please consider donating some time. We are in particular need of marshals on the downhill course and you will more than likely be located in the best locations to watch the carnage (so take a camera). If you are unable then that's OK but please consider forwarding this request onto someone you know whom may be able to assist

Thanks

Anthony

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
If theres that many pre-entrys why are they keeping them open? I mean a cut off is a cut off. It sucks that we put the effort in to enter on time yet they keep taking entrys for those to lazy to get their shit together!
I mean 320 is a pretty big Dh field any way, do we really need to keep letting people in?
I reckon it's a master plan by CORC/Apis to encourage riders to pre-enter. With 1000+ pre-entrants, it seems to have worked!

4 buses? WTF? This does worry me a tad considering the size of the field. Then again, the State round at Stromlo had a very good turnaround so that alone will stop me from letting loose about this issue.

demo man

Used to be cool.
I
4 buses? WTF? This does worry me a tad considering the size of the field. Then again, the State round at Stromlo had a very good turnaround so that alone will stop me from letting loose about this issue.
4 busses does about 160 rider per hour as far as I know. That's a rider starting every 20 seconds or so. with split practice lowering the number of riders on track at any time, that should do the job very nicely.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
From other races where the shuttles have been used, how many fit on a trip roughly in each trailer, and any idea on the turn around time for a run?

demo man

Used to be cool.
2-way sealed road from top to bottom is pretty nice to have.

I'm not sure what trailers they're using. I assume the busses are standard 22 seater mini-busses as always though.

don't know the turnarund time either - but I'm not sure why you need to.

Bucket Master

Sam is correct in terms of turn around. Should do approx 160 riders an hour - or about 1 every 20 seconds. With A and B practice sessions there should be plenty of riding for all.;)

re allowing entry on the day, it was at the discretion of the race director.

At the promoters forum in June/July last year it was decided that all these types of events would be pre-entry only. In the last few days the management team have been discussing issues (lots of them) one of those being that it is important to ensure that people without access to the intermernet (sic) could enter - we will work on a way to do this better this next year too. We decided that it would be OK to allow for a smaller number of entries on the day.

There was no grand plan, we are just trying to make sure that everyone who wants to can enter:)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Nice work Bucket Master. Again, i'm not too worried about the shuttle scenario as the last State round held by CORC had the fastest shuttle turnaround time for the series.

If it somehow becomes slow, we've got 5 days of runs for $100-$110. Either way i've already got a smile on my face as i'm heading down tomorrow. Will catch some of yas then.

the F.H.B

Likes Dirt
Yeah I didnt mean what I said to be to much of a whinge, Im just worried about not getting enough runs in if the queues get bad. Relieved to hear you can get more shuttles if you need to.
I was wondering though where they say who's in group A and B as well, had a search but couldn't find anything, would like to know how early im getting out of bed on Friday...

Yeti

Pro Rider
Guys,

Just thought i'd mention. It's raining. In Canberra that is...right now...mmm...the smell of rain. Thought ya'lld wanna know.

Nathan

demo man

Used to be cool.
Guys,

Just thought i'd mention. It's raining. In Canberra that is...right now...mmm...the smell of rain. Thought ya'lld wanna know.

Nathan
where abouts are you?

It's not raining where I am (Belconnen) - not even cloudy.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How was the track today? Any new names we should be looking for in the results? Shuttle running good? etc!

dandan

Likes Bikes
group practice tomorrow or not

hi,

everyone today was talking about group practice for thu, fri and sat yet nobody is clear what categorys are in each group (sometimes A is elite and sometimes its not). And nobody today organising the race could tell me and the website does not say anything about group practice (or what I could find)... so what the hell is it group parcitice or not? I don't want to turn up tomorrow and waste yet another day like what happened today!