2007 Scott 24hr

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
we turned up around 8 on friday night and it was really tough to tell where we were and what areas were allocated to what groups. in the end we just drove up the top (the blue are) and set up shop. we would have preferred to be lower down as it would've provided respite from the wind and saved us the trek up the hill after transition and dinner, but in the end it worked out for the best - heaps of space, good atmosphere along the track and close to some relatively quiet facilites.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Some Numbers

At this stage the numbers are:

2,371 riders entered, 2065 Male, 306 Female
2,314 riders turned up
572 solos and teams on-track, 133 Solos, 439 teams
Youngest Male - 12, Female - 13. Oldest Male - 64, Female - 57 (she was a solo).
9,700 in total came through the front gates.

That is a much bigger non-rider number than ever. I guess visibility to the public given the open nature of the venue, plus the entertainment for the kids drew the extras so there tended to be more "large" support groups for riders and teams.

6,165 red laps = 76,446 Km
6,147 blue laps = 86,058 Km

Total = 12,302 laps = 162,504 Km = 4.06 laps of the planet !

Oh, and Sportograf took over 50,000 photos.

Last edited:

morto1980

Likes Dirt
Morto, while you're editing your wrap up post on the other thread, you may want to attack the comments on food/coffee vendors. The provision of catering/beverages out at Stromlo is controlled by the managers of Stromlo Forest Park (Territory Venues and Events) not by CORC, so sadly, morgs, LeMatelot, Astroboy Bucketmaster and myself aren't on our way to the Bahamas with a suitcase full of dollars having sold a sole trader licence for the event.

On the topic of food, I saw quite a few folks sporting bags from McDonalds etc. One of the advantages of Stromlo is that it's a lot closer to a major shopping centre than Kowen was, so if the on site vendors don't float your boat then it's not too impossible to make alternative arrangements.
I've tidied it up now and kept it to the things that CORC can influence (and corrected the catering stuff). 1-2 small things to improve vs. 9 major improvements over last year. A job well done in anyones book.

http://forums.farkin.net/showpost.php?p=1144835&postcount=24

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Updated Results : 21 October

See next post for a more comprehensive final set... Will put them up on the CORC site once the hacker gremlins have been put to bed.

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Some More Scott Results you asked for ...

The hacker gremlins are still in the CORC site, so here is a complete set of everything, including lap time histograms and a set of Overall results so you can compare across categories.

General race stats are on the cover pages of the summary and lap split results.

Word of caution - don't bet the house on Overall - because the red lap was quicker than the blue, some some teams will have had a slight advantage in that they might have snuck in under the 24 hour cutoff because of their assigned starting lap, and got to do another lap, while a team in another category might have just missed out. In theory it should have evened itself out over 24 hours, but you never know ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Le Matelot

I know this may be a bit too much to ask, but I saw your photos from the chopper from the Scott on the weekend, and was wondering if you could send me the high res versions? Photos I'm interested are 6959 to 6970... Could u pls PM me for my e-mail...

I made the trip up from Hobart for the big event - had a great time, really enjoyed the course and found the whole event to be really well run. Plus the whole vibe was tops - it's all about the vibe. Thanks guys, it was a CORCer!
Sent you a PM pm 19 October about these... Didja get it ?

Captain Kirk

Likes Bikes
The hacker gremlins are still in the CORC site, so here is a complete set of everything, including lap time histograms and a set of Overall results so you can compare across categories.

General race stats are on the cover pages of the summary and lap split results.

Word of caution - don't bet the house on Overall - because the red lap was quicker than the blue, some some teams will have had a slight advantage in that they might have snuck in under the 24 hour cutoff because of their assigned starting lap, and got to do another lap, while a team in another category might have just missed out. In theory it should have evened itself out over 24 hours, but you never know ;)
Hi Le Matelot,

I did a pretty rough histo' based on the lap split pdf using average speed. :eek: Have you tried that? Or could you whip up a better one with your original data :):)

Attachments

Le Matelot

I did a pretty rough histo' based on the lap split pdf using average speed. :eek: Have you tried that? Or could you whip up a better one with your original data :):)
I guess I try to have the histograms separate so that you can compare riders by sex and by day or night lap times, because there is a significant difference between all of these factors. Maybe I should have done 8 histograms to compensate fo the difference in Red and Blue lap times too :)

The histograms I put up are all generated from within the interactive results system that was in operation at the race on the 7 iMacs in the rego marquee.

I have attached a series of 3 screen dumps showing how you get these from within the main results, once you have selected one of the top-centre buttons for fastest male/female, day/night laps.

I have also attached the day lap time histogram showing male laps (green) and female laps (pink) overlaid to the same scale. This shows the significant difference between the mean male and female lap times. If you do one histogram for the whole race, then these sorts of differences become lost.

Attachments

funky

Likes Dirt
Oh... I forgot to say in my other post (on the Wrap up thread) that, the number of computers to check your results was awesome too. Even when the queue seemed long, you were in and out within a minute.

Cheers

Le Matelot

the number of computers to check your results was awesome too.
Yep - the local Apple Centre (Mac 1) has supported CORC for lotza years now since 2001. They loan us the iMacs for the event.

We use them for rego then flip them around to turn it into the results centre. After its all over - clean them up - not as hard as you might think - mainly your fingerprints on the screens ;) and return them.

CORC owns the Mac laptops that we use for timing and our normal club races. Some are 5 years old and still going strong.

Last edited:

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I know it's picky but it appears the histograms are missing some bars in the middle of the range. Perhaps because the value for that bar was zero? (EG, women's day laps has 37 and 39 but no 38 minute..) I think it would be good to see that there was zero riders doing that duration lap. (Yes, I know it'll make some of them a lot wider!)

If you're bored (if that ever happens), maybe you could please put up some separate Red and Blue lap histograms?

Le Matelot

Scott 24hr Solo Race Beanies

These arrived at the event too late to make it into the solo rider race bags. They have now all been posted out to each solo rider to the address they provided as part of the online registration.

If any of the solo riders don't receive them by next Monday, please email me

morgs

morgs
Got mine on Monday.

How about something with a nice big brim to keep the sun off next year, :D
But if you're soloing when are you going to wear it......you should be on your bike all the time. Maybe it's for the mid lap BoB trailer Beer Stand. And I think a mini keg would work better than that six pack. Coopers Pale please.